1.    #1  
    I have been using a 650 for over two years (unlocked generic GSM w/Cingular-AT&T). Although I am very happy with its features, it is a very poor telephone. It is not possible to make a usable call in marginal signal areas (such as my home), voice quality/clarity generally sucks even with good signal, and garbled/dropped calls are frequent. My wife also has a 650 and experiences similar problems. Neither one of us can use a Bluetooth headset because the usable Bluetooth range is only a few feet.

I really want to replace my 650. I would purchase a 750 or 750p tomorrow if I thought there would be a significant improvement in the telephone function.

I would appreciate hearing comments from anyone that has had experience with both the 650 & 750 with regards to the 750's usability/quality as a telephone.

In other words, will I be able to make usable calls with the 750 where I cannot now with my 650?
    IMHO, a clear, no questions asked - Yes! No comparison.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Agree, far better phone IMHO too. Not to mention that if you get UMTS signals it is supposed to be better with less traffic on that frequency and the annoying buzz you hear on a land line when your cell rings on the old frequency prior to UMTS. Now I can set my 750 right next to my office phone and no issues when it rings anymore.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Another vote of YES!!! No comparison. The 650 was a pretty awful phone.
    Ditto for me. I had the 650, 700w and the 750 voice is by far and above the best so far for me.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    If you're in a 3G area the phone quality is a ton better than the 650. If you're in an EDGE area it's only slightly better from my experience..it is plenty loud in either case and the speakerphone is much better (and loud too).
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all the good advice. Now I just need to figure out where I can buy one at a reasonable price and not get raped by Cingular/AT&T changing my perfectly fine service plan.