1.    #1  
    where can i download it from ? anyone have a link ?
    You do. EAS is just a built in part of ActiveSync.

When you first launch Active Sync on your device, you see a screen with some words on it like 'setup your device to sync with an Exchange server'.

If you've already messed around with AS, those words are gone, but you can still easily set up EAS. Do this:

(while in ActiveSync)
    Menu
    Configure Server
    and put all your usual stuff in after that.

let us know if you need more help....
  3.    #3  
    im assuming you mean "add server source"

filled all that in and now what ?
  4.    #4  
    maybe im messed up again...lol

i need to wirelessly sync to an exchange server. is this the correct way ?
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spacebar+ View Post
    maybe im messed up again...lol

i need to wirelessly sync to an exchange server. is this the correct way ?
    If you're asking if "adding a server source" is the correct way to connect to an Exchange server, then yes - that's correct. You would just need to determine the correct Exchange server settings from your Exchange provider. (domain, url, etc)
  6.    #6  
    ok got it. but is that gonna help me do it wirelessly though ?
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spacebar+ View Post
    ok got it. but is that gonna help me do it wirelessly though ?
    It doesn't matter - whether you're wired or wireless has nothing to do with it. Once you've successfully defined a server-source, you can sync with it either way.
  8.    #8  
    ok, i'll try it...thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    It doesn't matter - whether you're wired or wireless has nothing to do with it. Once you've successfully defined a server-source, you can sync with it either way.
    Provided:

(1) Your Exchange Server supports it (older ones do not). I think OWA is required for over-the air synch.
    (2) Your OWA (Outlook Web Access) for your exchange server is not behind a firewall, requiring VPN to access OWA.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Provided:

(1) Your Exchange Server supports it (older ones do not). I think OWA is required for over-the air synch.
    (2) Your OWA (Outlook Web Access) for your exchange server is not behind a firewall, requiring VPN to access OWA.
    I thought that was basically a pre-requisite for syncing with the server at all? Hmm, oh well - for sure Exchange 2003 and higher would be fine. You may need a certificate for SSL, but your Exchange provider would give you that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    I thought that was basically a pre-requisite for syncing with the server at all? Hmm, oh well - for sure Exchange 2003 and higher would be fine. You may need a certificate for SSL, but your Exchange provider would give you that.
    You are correct - but you could synch with the desktop with any version.

Also, in some cases, you cannot do this wihout a VPN connection. Not many, true, but some corporations are locked down pretty tightly.
  12.    #12  
    here is what i found it to be::
    The server is version 2000.
    We do not use SSL
    The OWA is open to the internet, no VPN needed.

as per the IT guy

the server will still not let me send TO an email addy on the server. any other email address is fine. and i can receive from any email on the server or outside the server.

??