Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    some one try this cab and see if you get sprint tv. i haven't tried it yet. i have a slingbox. ppcgeeks says it works on the moguls though.

thanks, cody

https://home.comcast.net/~codyppc/Sp...pgrade1000.cab
    Last edited by codyppc; 10/20/2007 at 12:26 PM.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    some one try this cab and see if you get sprint tv. works on the mogul.

thanks, cody

lol, yeah it works.

Well, I couldn't get CNN to load, said channel was unavailable, but NFL & WeatherChannel loaded.

Nice work

ps Will try the Moto Q later

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    some one try this cab and see if you get sprint tv. works on the mogul.

thanks, cody

Works, very cool cody!

Note, I got a 7000 error on a few of the channels.
    works for me ... i wonder what would happen if i subscribed to some of the premium channels ?

i think i will save that for someone else ...
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Works very well...Thanks Cody!
    this is amazing! works great! I almost gave up my wx for a p when I found out I couldn't catch sprint tv. now I'm really glad I didn't. just one question, did anyone try subscribing to live tv? are these charges added on to your bill automatically? and does sprint even know we're using this on the wx?
    I just read somewhere that vzw users might be able to use this too... any vzw wanna try it out and tell us if it works?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I have Sero, does that mean I get the tv for free?

i dont want to use this and get a big surprise on my next bill (just had a kid, last thing i need ^^;
    I know that even the most basic sero plan come with the basic vision plan and the basic vision plan allows some channels. That's why when I first got my wx and was playing $15 for my vision plan I complained to sprint. I told them that I was paying for a service that I could not even use. But sprint tv is on the 700p with the same basic vision plan. I assume you could use the basic channels for free becasue it's part of sero, however I'm not sure about the live channels or the premium channels which is what I really want.
    i just "subscribed" to Sprint LIVE TV and it went through ok. and the channels work fine. they didnt even ask me for any confirmation or anything, simply got a message saying I was subscribed. I saw a few minutes of TV then unscribed. How will they bill sprint users if the 700wx isnt a sprint TV phone.
    Where should it be installed? Device or SD? Does it matter?
    END OF LINE
    doesn't matter. I have mine on sd
    Cool... umm, has anyone noticed that after you install this it doesn't appear in your list of apps when you go to remove programs? Because that's happening to me. I backed up, installed to main memory, figured I'd try it, then move it to SD, and I can't see it in the list at all...

Can anyone confirm this?

(Is it writing to ROM? No, it can't be... can it?)
    Last edited by Alienwhere; 10/21/2007 at 07:32 PM.
    END OF LINE
    from what I understand the program is self contained. so if you want to uninstall, just delete the program. if you noticed, it wasn't a cab file, it was a .exe... but I could be wrong
    Actually, not to split hairs, but it was a .cab that cody linked to, which led me to believe it would show up in the add/remove screen. Cab files install .exe files, so if it's just a deletion of the folder that's required, that's fine. Not a problem. Just wasn't sure...
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Actually, not to split hairs, but it was a .cab that cody linked to, which led me to believe it would show up in the add/remove screen. Cab files install .exe files, so if it's just a deletion of the folder that's required, that's fine. Not a problem. Just wasn't sure...
    Your right, I don't see it in the remove programs. The path to the file is \Program Files\SprintTV\SprintTV.exe. However, just deleting the file will not remove the reg entries, which is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SprintTV
    I tried deleting the entire folder under Program files, and the space remaining in the add/remove screen displayed the difference (approx. 2 mb). I then re-installed to SD with no issues thus far...

I'm going to run SKTools and see if there's any stray reg entries...
    END OF LINE
    Oh, and cody - thanks for posting the app. Sorry - forgot to say that earlier.
    END OF LINE
    When I try to run this I get a error that says "user not initialed" whats wrong?
    I had that error too. try a soft reset and it should work. I got my .exe from ppcgeeks and I just copied the .exe over to my phone. no cab. for some reason I couldn't get cody's link to download.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast