Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I am on sprint with treo 700wx and can get all the way until the channels then they just load. I can view the intro video but nothing else. it shows how to work it then goes to options of sprint tv, more channels, sprint en vivo but can't get any to laod. any help would be appreciated
    Mine is doing that today too. I noticed that sprint is adding new selections.
    if you're stuck on the loading screen then you probably need to download the cache file attached at ppcgeeks. the file fixed everything for me. you need to replace the cache file that is locate in the sprint tv folder
    You were right about the cache. It sucks that Sprint is constantly changing it. I did watch the Who documentry on classic vh1 after adding the new cache.

Don't know if this covered on ppcgeeks (didn't read all 600+ posts) but I fixed my volume issues.
    Registry /hklm/software/sprinttv change volume from 60 to 100 then exit and reset. If you don't reset and just launch sprinttv it will change back to 60. If you go >100 you will get a an error 7000 in STV or it won't load any channels.
    the funny thing is that sprint updated my cache and it blocked out all channels that I wasn't subscribed to. I just deleted the cache and put the old one back in and now works again... no subscription needed.
    i did copy the cache folder and deleted the old one, but everytime i start sprinttv, it deletes the folder that i copied and creates a new one which then takes me back to "loading" scrreen
    that's odd. Other people are saying the same thing is happening, but it never does it for me. I wonder if it is because of the version I have. I downloaded the cab from ppcgeeks and it asked me to upgrade to a newer version. Is that the one that you are using?
    Most people are being hit with the cache folder being removed. I think it is Sprint's way of removing unsubscribers from using this app. I think that is part of the 'initialization' (deleting the cache when the system does not recognize the user as a subscriber (paying that is)) this app does.

I do find that if you copy the cache folder back into the program file AFTER you start the app, it usually works. Makes you wonder if there could be a mortscript written to do this automatically (like the music ID app from a while ago).
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    Most people are being hit with the cache folder being removed. I think it is Sprint's way of removing unsubscribers from using this app. I think that is part of the 'initialization' (deleting the cache when the system does not recognize the user as a subscriber (paying that is)) this app does.

I do find that if you copy the cache folder back into the program file AFTER you start the app, it usually works. Makes you wonder if there could be a mortscript written to do this automatically (like the music ID app from a while ago).
    Can someone point to where we can get a copy of this cache folder. I've been looking through the ppcgeeks thread but haven't found anything about where to get it...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Can someone point to where we can get a copy of this cache folder. I've been looking through the ppcgeeks thread but haven't found anything about where to get it...
    Probably easier just to post it here, It is posted in the PPCGeeks thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10106

I am not sure what page though, but here it is for this forum:

cache.zip
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    Probably easier just to post it here, It is posted in the PPCGeeks thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10106

I am not sure what page though, but here it is for this forum:

cache.zip
    Thanks! Ok, now just need to know what to do with this. I assumed it would be obvious. should I just unzip it into the \program files\sprinttv folder? Or does one need to create some folder under that called cache? Or what? Thanks again for the help!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Thanks! Ok, now just need to know what to do with this. I assumed it would be obvious. should I just unzip it into the \program files\sprinttv folder? Or does one need to create some folder under that called cache? Or what? Thanks again for the help!
    All you do is extract the cache folder from the zip file (I do it on the PC), and I copy it over to my SD card. After that, whenever you activate SprintTV, while it is loading, open your file explorer, copy the cache folder and paste it into My Device > Program Files > SprintTV, and by the time you exit from File Explorer, you will most likely have a running TV app!!!
  13. GadgetGuyForeva
    Are there only 2 live channels or am I missing something?
    will it work on mogul
    Well mine is down again. This time I got an unauthorized user error.
    interesting... they're getting really smart. all my channels load, but now before I can scroll down a pop window comes up and says unauthorized user sprint tv will now close. well it was fun while it lasted.
    So was anyone getting charged for using this?
    Quote Originally Posted by pteezay View Post
    I think they're on to us people, i get the unauthorized agent message too...someone find a way around this please
    Hey, now, hold on there - that's akin to theft. They've now clearly established that this service is for authorized users only. I think we may be stepping over the line here.
    Last edited by westronic; 11/17/2007 at 07:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    The Sprint TV program had me spoiled...and now that I am without, i was forced to go with MobiTV...but I wish I had Sprint TV there was so much more....anyone out there have any insight on the Sprint TV issue though?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Sprint sucks. I'm getting an iPhone!

This service should be included with powervision!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast