Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Looks like we have a duplicate thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=154689

That thread is getting more into the "does it work on Verizon topic". I've been using it since I saw Cody's post two days ago (thanks, Cody). So yes, it does work the 700wx...on Verizon! I ordered the premium services. We'll see how they bill it :-)

Cody, you should try it. I'm getting much better quality via this than my Slingbox.
    For those interested whether Sprint will charge or not and other concerns about premium channels, they are getting into greater detail at this site: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10106

No conclusive answer, however some people have subscribed to premium services.
    One other thing, on the site I mentioned above, someone posted a cab file that will show the installation in the Remove Programs, and someone else posted a Sprint NFL Cab. Have not tried either.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Very cool app. Video quality seems better than my slingbox - but this is mostly due to the fact my home connection has such slow upstream.

Installed to the storage card was nothing but problems. After the Treo went to standby the Sprint tv program wouldn't launch anymore (not a valid pocketpc application). Probably something to do with the card dismounting when in standby.

Installed to device and things work great.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkeo View Post
    I just read somewhere that vzw users might be able to use this too... any vzw wanna try it out and tell us if it works?
    using PPCGeek thread CAB which enables the uninstaller. Works like a charm. I aint going the premium route.
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
    are you kidding me? this works on my wx for verizon.
    FYI, I'm on Alltel with a 700wx and it works for me, can subscribe to everything and get every channel.
    I wonder if only Sprint customers would have to pay for the premium channels, as their accounts/data usage/etc would be all linked up and monitored. People with other carriers might be able to activate the channels, but since they aren't with Sprint, where would a charge on a bill go anyway?...

Does that make any sense? And if so, is anyone else with Sprint slightly annoyed at this prospect?
    END OF LINE
    a post on ppcgeeks said that the program has no way to link your online account with your phone and so there would not be any way for sprint to charge its customers until an update was made to fix this problem. at this point, who knows how billing will work.
    Hmm... that would be sweet... nevertheless, I think I'll wait to try it, as my bill is already more than I feel like paying.
    END OF LINE
    I have this on my 700WX with VZW, and it works great (well one little bug...I have to re-install it occasionally, it disappears from time to time.). I used the uninstallable CAB from PPCGeeks as well (if anyone is still dealing with the version that does not show in the program uninstall list, install this one, and it will over-write the prior one, and enable you to uninstall). As for the charge, unless your with Sprint, it would be impossible for them to charge you...Sprint has none of your billing or personal info, and VZW is certainly not keeping track of other providors data usage!!!!

It is cool though...isn't it?!?!?!

P.S. The NFL CAB is just a shortcut (with a cool NFL icon) that links to an NFL web-site....it is a fan's best friend though, quite detailed, so I would suggest it for football fans.....just don't go into it thinking your getting games streamed to you or anything (I made that error)!!
    Man, you guys with other carriers really lucked out with this one, it seems.
    END OF LINE
    Awesome. I just installed it on my treowx. I have the SERO plan, and since I don't think I'll be watching TV a lot, I'm not going to subscribe. Perhaps if I did, I could argue with them "but the 700wx can't even get sprint TV in the first place!"

I noticed on some channels, the video becomes extremely choppy halfway through the video. I think perhaps my evdo is a bit slow - it doesn't happen all the time.

Question: I'd probably be watching sprint TV while bored in some public area - would the a2dp hack work so I can get sound onto an a2dp compatible bluetooth headset?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I'm with VZW and can use this. Wonder how they would try to bill me for subscribing to different channels. LOL
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    I'm with VZW and can use this. Wonder how they would try to bill me for subscribing to different channels. LOL
    I don't think they can... which is what makes me so steamed! (Sprint user)
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    I don't think they can... which is what makes me so steamed! (Sprint user)
    Ok now I want my Playboy TV or Hustler channel.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Yeah, nothing beats the disgusted and disapproving glances of other people nearby on public transportation when you're enjoying your pr0n on the go.
    END OF LINE
    Yeah, nothing beats the disgusted and disapproving glances of other people nearby on public transportation when you're enjoying your pr0n on the go.
    Talk about a way to 'pick-up chicks' (well....at least not the ones you take home to Mother!!!"
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Man, you guys with other carriers really lucked out with this one, it seems.
    It almost, almost, makes up for those of you lucky enough to have SERO. And it doesn't even come close to making up for the $45/month data plan we VZW idiots have.

I think I'm going to start pushing that 5 gig "unlimited" limit a bit.
    It's been dead on my Sprint Treo all day today. It will connect and gather program listings, but as soon as I try to tune into a channel, the progress bar is slow and the EV-DO arrows go Grey. Anybody else experiencing this?
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast