1.    #1  
    Upgraded recently from 650p to 750v and finding the synchronisation a total nightmare. For example:
    - to fails to synchronise calender items I can see clearly in Outlook (couple of birthdays coming up in next month)
    - its just lost all the items I put into handheld between now and last synchronisation
    - it takes an absolute age to synchronise - even overnight it never completes the synchronise all items (about 10 years worth)

I tried clearing calendar and then enabling with no joy.

Is there a solution or is it just that Palm, MS & AS are complete rubbish? Should I give up and go BB?
  2. yud
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl View Post
    Upgraded recently from 650p to 750v and finding the synchronisation a total nightmare. For example:
    - to fails to synchronise calender items I can see clearly in Outlook (couple of birthdays coming up in next month)
    - its just lost all the items I put into handheld between now and last synchronisation
    - it takes an absolute age to synchronise - even overnight it never completes the synchronise all items (about 10 years worth)

I tried clearing calendar and then enabling with no joy.

Is there a solution or is it just that Palm, MS & AS are complete rubbish? Should I give up and go BB?
    ActiveSync is the biggest heap of $%^& ever to come out of Microsoft. It's their poorest attempt yet to call a piece of $%^& "software".
    Coming from the Palm world myself, AS was the biggest shock to the system. Even more than WM5!
    * You have very very (VERY!) limited control over the conduits compared with HotSync conduits
    * Overwrite settings (handheld or desktop) are extremely limited (no handheld overwrite desktop!) and are set globally - you cannot set per conduit
    * The above settings can only be set once your WM device is connected and sync'ing, which is usually too late to make a change (cannot set it before your device is connected)
    * Errors are generic and log files pathetic!
    * occasionally the device will simply not sync, for no apparent reason. troubleshooting is a nightmare!
    * if you sync with more than one desktop AS will rename your device!
    *with some progs (for example: SplashID) AS will create a new DB for you at random, or on every new partnership, ignoring your settings, deleting your data. (The developer confirmed this is an AS problem)

(...and there are many more...)

It is not a Palm problem but a Microsoft one. A completely incompetent "development" team doing a pathetic job. And we all put up with it, together with millions of WM users!

I learned to live with the above, making backups upon backups of my data. On my MiniSD card, on the desktop, onto tape, etc, with multiple generations.

My 2 cents.

Y.
    Treo 750 WM6 ROM (was 3 Australia, now vanilla) + 2GB miniSD
    Tungsten T3

no longer (thank goodness):
    Dopod 838 Pro