1.    #1  
    I tried looking around- can't seem to find out if I can download Outlook (I'd like to compare this with Flexmail)- (wm5) is there a trial version or a site where you download this?

(I've never used Outlook)
    Thanks
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what you're comparing. PocketOutlook is built in to the 750. Nothing to download - it's the default email application.

If you're asking about a desktop application to sync with, Outlook 2002 is provided on CD with the 750, otherwise you can buy MS Office. I don't know if Office 2007 is supported yet.
    Are you talking about the WM5 version of Outlook or the desktop client? There is not a separate "Outlook" version that you load in WM5 - it is built in. As for the desktop client - just go HERE

I posted the same time holmes4 did - I have Outlook 2007 and it works just fine on my WM5 Q.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    I'm not sure what you're comparing. PocketOutlook is built in to the 750. Nothing to download - it's the default email application.

If you're asking about a desktop application to sync with, Outlook 2002 is provided on CD with the 750, otherwise you can buy MS Office. I don't know if Office 2007 is supported yet.
    i might have deleted it or something- Ill have to check. My program doesnt show outlook

Duh me, its not under programs, just on the todays screen, i never used it. I might experiment with it a bit.

Just wondering if it will poll my accounts better than flexmail can. Occassionaly flexmail will Hang and not poll anymore. a bit furstrating when I want it to do that every 2 mis.

ALso how do I set up Direct Push Technology- DO i need to purchase Exchange server 2003?
    Last edited by aslmentor; 10/19/2007 at 09:08 PM.
    Lance
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
  5.    #5  
    nice, the outlook will work well with yahoo email.
    Especially when I set delivery preferences to one days worth.

However, trying comcast, and delivery pref set to one day (i.e. today) it did download one day's worth then went through the rest of the weeks checking. i.e. 39 of 299 headers.
    Will it do that the whole time or everytime I check? Or is this just a one time thing? I guess I'll find out. (thankfully it only checked once)
    But when I delete an email from my treo, it also deletes from the comcast server. I dont see any options to turn this feature off(like flexmail does)?? Is this one pitfall of this system?

Logging on takes me almost 2-3 minutes (even with SSL off) but only takes flexmail less than a minute. I wonder what's up. anyone know?
    Last edited by aslmentor; 10/19/2007 at 10:22 PM.
    Lance
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I tried Flexmail but gave it up as it would frequently freeze for me and didn't have flexible scheduling. I use Pocket Outlook over IMAP and logging on just takes a few seconds. You may want to try specifying IMAP instead of POP to see if it speeds things up for you. If you have lots of messages on the device I could see POP being slow.
  7.    #7  
    holmes,
    i have an older pc in which i installed microsoft server 2003 (and exchange althought it didntshow up as exchange under programs, just a bunch of many interesting programs)-
    I'm wondering if you know of a link that walks a newbie through setting up microsoft server 2003 to work with our treo750 outlook?

I set up outlook on my desktop and wow, it checked comcast account SUPER FAST. But now how do i set it up for push to my treo?Thanks!
    Lance
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I have no experience setting up Exchange Server.