Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Zagleft1's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am getting a dramatic increase in nonsense text messages arriving on my Treo. Just a bunch of random characters from a non-recognizable source. Getting like 10 to 15 a day now. Does anyone know what causes these and how to stop it? I don't really use texting and so I don't have text messaging in my plan and I'm unclear on whether I'm going to end up paying for all of these unsolicited incoming text messages.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by zagleft1 View Post
    I am getting a dramatic increase in nonsense text messages arriving on my Treo. Just a bunch of random characters from a non-recognizable source. Getting like 10 to 15 a day now. Does anyone know what causes these and how to stop it? I don't really use texting and so I don't have text messaging in my plan and I'm unclear on whether I'm going to end up paying for all of these unsolicited incoming text messages.
    Are you running any kind of 3rd party push e-mail client (Sprint Business Connect, Seven, etc.) or Instant Messaging client?
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  3. Zagleft1's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
       #3  
    I am running BizConn Personal edition. Think that could be the culprit? If it is, at least I'll be able to tell Sprint when I appeal the charges that they need to go after the joker in their bizcon application development department, not me.
  4. xd1936's Avatar
    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    #4  
    Maybe it's an ex of yours...
    LongLivePalm
  5. #5  
    I used to use Sprint BC on a Treo 650. It uses special (usually hidden) SMS messages that Sprint won't charge you for. But the SMS messages will show up if you have the desktop client portion of Sprint BC running, but don't have the mobile client installed properly.

    I've never used it on a WinMob device, but that is how it behaved on a PalmOS device when there was a problem.

    I suggest looking at your Sprint BC account settings and verifying that everything is set up correctly on-line and on your phone.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  6. Zagleft1's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
       #6  
    That's probably the problem. My bizcon installation is semi-hosed. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, lots of error messages. Every soft reset I get an error message that the "push client" cannot be found (although it still pushes current outlook messages sporadically). I've tried reinstalling a couple of times and even a hard re-set/fresh install of everything and the reset error message still comes up every time. Guess if I'm not being charged, I can live with the irritation. Thanks for the insights.

    jm

Posting Permissions