Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I've recently migrated from Treo 650 (Palm OS) to a Treo 750 (WM5).
    Still trying to get use to Windows Mobile interface. Too long with the
    Treo 650.

I use to have a chinese characters application called the CJK on my
    Treo 650 which served me well. Is there a similar one for the Treo 750?

Can somebody recommend a good Chinese Character application for
    the Treo 750?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by benkk5618 View Post
    Hi,

I've recently migrated from Treo 650 (Palm OS) to a Treo 750 (WM5).
    Still trying to get use to Windows Mobile interface. Too long with the
    Treo 650.

I use to have a chinese characters application called the CJK on my
    Treo 650 which served me well. Is there a similar one for the Treo 750?

Can somebody recommend a good Chinese Character application for
    the Treo 750?

Thanks.
    I use CE-star. When I made the transition, it was the best one out there which supported the funky *** size of the 750 display. I was waiting for monster chinese to come out with support, don't look like it's happening.

Anyhow, CE-star works pretty well, but be warned, the fonts are hidious, esp. if you're used to the high-res fonts of cjkos.

good Luck!
  3.    #3  
    thanks. will check it out. uh..what do you mean when you said the fonts are hidious?
    Well, it's just ugly, and personally, sometimes it's hard to read. I think it's cuz of the lower res of the 750. The words/fonts look a lot better on a pocketpc device w/ higher res.
  5.    #5  
    I see. There must be something out there better? Have you
    tried others? I sometimes received Chinese SMS so I would
    definitely need a chinese software
    None that I've found. If you do find one, let me know! Give it a try, I mean, things are legible, just not very pretty.
  7. wpy
    I have been using CE-Star for a while too and yup.. the fonts are ugly but i really like the treo version support for the treo750 thumbpad. its great especialy if you use pinyin like me. But i have been experiencing freezing sometimes with CE-Star installed. And the alt key (for symbol) is not functioning if CE-Star is on.

wpy
    Oh, so that's why my alt doesn't work right. I always wondered what's up with that.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by wpy View Post
    I have been using CE-Star for a while too and yup.. the fonts are ugly but i really like the treo version support for the treo750 thumbpad. its great especialy if you use pinyin like me. But i have been experiencing freezing sometimes with CE-Star installed. And the alt key (for symbol) is not functioning if CE-Star is on.

wpy
    Agree on the part on the ugly fonts... my phone has been freezing randomly recently, suspected it is phoneAlarm but maybe it could be CE-Star then. However, my alt key works fine with CE-Star on.
  10.    #10  
    Has anyone tried Monster Chinese 5.3? Saw it on pocketgear.com.
    The specs looks good but no reviews on it. At $39.50 it is rather costly.
    No trial ver available also.

Can somebody comment on it. If it is good then maybe can consider buying it.
    When I last checked it out, it didn't support the treo 750's screen res. Dunno about now.
    here we go, from the website:

Monster Chinese V5 目前不支援 Hp 6965及 Tero V750
    But, it seems there is now a version 6

http://www.mactiontech.com/download/download_1.htm
  14.    #14  
    Indeed, it seems its not usable for the Treo 750. What a waste. Just when I thought I found the right one. Any other suggestions?
    I actually did install it. It will work for the 750, but because the 750 is 240x240, some of the options are off the bottom of the screen. If u can find an image of it, then u can still select them w/ the keypad. I used it, it actually works, tho version 5.3 didn't look any better than CE-star. I just downloaded version 6, I'll let u know how it goes.
  16.    #16  
    I actually need something tat I can use to read and send sms / mms in chinese.

Will eagerly await your review on this ver 6
    Quote Originally Posted by benkk5618 View Post
    I actually need something tat I can use to read and send sms / mms in chinese.

Will eagerly await your review on this ver 6
    Well, CE-star'll definitly let u do that. I use it for that daily. I just prefer Monster, but u can use CE for like 30 days as trial.
  18.    #18  
    While waiting for your review on Monster 6, I guess I'll take a look at CE-Star.
    I did saw the screen of CE-Star and I too prefer Monster screen more.
  19.    #19  
    Just installed the trial ver of CE-Star 2.8R3a for the treo 750.
    The fonts look ok to me, actually not bad too. Are we lloking at
    the same CE-Star?
  20. wpy
    Hehe.. Maybe its really not that ugly... I use a smaller fonst size than the default treo fontsize and i admit its sometimes hard to read the chinese character. I use the pinyin input method and sometimes i have to squint to pick out the right character when being presented by the choices. But the thumbpad support for the treo of CE-Star definitely makes this my personal choice.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast