1.    #1  
    Greetings to the forum. I'm in a 30 day "trial" period with a 700wx, and I'm considering trading for the 700p. I am a doctor, and one of the main things I need on the phone is a quick way to enter reminders of things I have to do. That is, I need to be able to either say "notes" and have the notes program open and start recording (without having to stylus on the screen) or be able to one-handedly open the same program with a single button push and have it already recording with that single button push. Typically, I'm in my car or walking down a hallway when I either get a page requesting meds or remember a test result I need to check on and a patient I need to call with results, etc. Before the phone, I scribbled such things down on an index card, and the thing would be covered by the end of a day...there, too, pen-writing while driving or walking briskly down a hospital hallway isn't very easy to do.

So, in brief, I need advice from anyone who knows how to make the 700wx do this or who knows the 700p well enough to let me know that it would do this. If you recommend a different phone than either of these, I'd be interested to know that, too.

Thank you for any advice you can give.

David
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Hello Dr. David!

Yes, you can do this on the 700wx with the help of the great folks on this forum that created wonderful things with MortScript. "hannip" came up with this one last January, and it works like a charm. Read the post and try it (second post on the page). If you need help, post back and we'll try and help.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t+voice+record
    Ok, what am I doing wrong? I copied it to mortscript. I assigned it the wma button but I get the notes program and then I have to hit ok and then toggle the record button on the screen.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Where is your MortScript folder?

What happens if you used Voice Command and say "Start Record"?
    You could also try a nifty arrangement called Jott which will transcribe a call into an email for processing later.

www.jott.com
    Quote Originally Posted by David2 View Post
    Greetings to the forum. I'm in a 30 day "trial" period with a 700wx, and I'm considering trading for the 700p. I am a doctor, and one of the main things I need on the phone is a quick way to enter reminders of things I have to do. That is, I need to be able to either say "notes" and have the notes program open and start recording (without having to stylus on the screen) or be able to one-handedly open the same program with a single button push and have it already recording with that single button push. Typically, I'm in my car or walking down a hallway when I either get a page requesting meds or remember a test result I need to check on and a patient I need to call with results, etc. Before the phone, I scribbled such things down on an index card, and the thing would be covered by the end of a day...there, too, pen-writing while driving or walking briskly down a hospital hallway isn't very easy to do.

So, in brief, I need advice from anyone who knows how to make the 700wx do this or who knows the 700p well enough to let me know that it would do this. If you recommend a different phone than either of these, I'd be interested to know that, too.

Thank you for any advice you can give.

David
    PocketInformant 2007 has several icons you can choose for use in shortcuts, one is for create an alarm note. You can scribble or type the note and set when you'd like the alarm to go off. Map that icon to a button and you have one key access to creating alarm notes. It's excellent.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Sorry, I'm still new to the 700wx, how do I do voice command?

My Mortscript is on the device Programs/Mortscript.

Thanks for your help.
    I get it now. I need to have a note already stored. Then I can exit notes and then hold the button down it will automatically start recording and store multiple recorded messages. I just need that single note first. Don't know if that is how it is supposed to work but it is working.

I like having it set to stay in my current program and I like how notes stays open in background. When I have Magic Button displaying the tasks it's a nice reminder that I have open notes.

Too Cool.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by gedster314; 10/19/2007 at 02:10 PM.
    Mortscript allows you to map a record feature to the side button, so you can be in any app, hold down the side button, and it will switch to Notes and start recording. You can then hit OK, and the recording will stop. You can then choose a setting to keep the Note open, or close and go back to the previous program. Absolutely essential if you need to take notes while driving. Just make sure you set the voice files to be saved onto a memory card and not the phone, because it will fill up quickly.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Hi David, you might want to take a look at this:

http://www.pocketinformant.com/produ...d=introduction

It's called "voiceminder", and though I've never used it I've heard good things about it. I believe the idea is, whenever you need to record a "note" you would press a pre-defined button on your Treo (probably the side button since it's normally unused for anything else), speak your message, then press the button again to stop recording.

Then, it emails you (to whatever email address you want) your voice-note. For people who treat their email inbox as a todo list, this works great since they can go back later and deal with however many notes they recorded in an orderly fashion.