1.    #1  
    This may be a strange question, but i hit the Phone button and the sceen goes blank. As i walk the screen comes back on and wastes the battery. When not in use is there a way to power off the Treo 700wx completely ???
    Press and hold the Red button to turn the cellular radio on or off. But it's also a PDA, so short of pulling the battery, there is always a little power flowing.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Think of the Treo (or any advanced/smartphone device) as having two brains, and thus, two parts to managing power:

The phone side

The PDA side

As Gadget says above, you turn off the PHONE side by pressing/holding the red phone button.

And for the PDA side - having the screen blank means the PDA side is off.

So - for the whole device to be as off as off can be - you have the phone part off, and the screen blank. That's as 'off' as it gets.
    JohnnyMac is quite right. Short of removing the battery, there will always be some "life" in the Treo.

I don't know how you carry your Treo (case, holster, pocket, etc.), but if you are having problems with inadvertant button presses turning the phone (screen) back on, try using the built-in KeyGuard feature. That should help.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.