1.    #1  
    Hello Everybody,

I'm just curious if this is possible or not.

I'm working with a Treo 700wx with Sprint Service.

I have my contacts broken down to quite a few different categories, most of which I don't use very often. I'd like to be able to go to the "Today Screen" then go to "Contacts" and have it automatically bring up just my "Personal" phone numbers.

I know how to go into "Menu" and "Filter" but then it defaults back to showing everybody as soon as I close that screen. I'd prefer it default to just my "Personal" people.

Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

KCHruby
    I don't know about the stock pim, but Pocket Informant 2007 will do this. You can sort, subsort and exclude filter via the categories you specify. It's a great app and is much more powerful and customizable than the standard pim.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the advice. I've been playing with Pocket Informant and so far I love everything I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCHruby View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I've been playing with Pocket Informant and so far I love everything I see.
    Try the filter by schedule feature.
    You can have it so that it defaults to your work contacts (or whatever category during certain hours) and personal at other hours. The same filter can be applied to your schedule.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  5.    #5  
    littlewaywelt ,

So far, I love Pockete Informant; however, I've got one question.

So far I've been reluctant to make it my default PIM just because,if for some reason--any reason--I want to revert back to Outlook as the default, I can't figure out how to do that. It'll probably never be necessry but just for my peace of mind, I'd like to know how to do it.

Do you know if it's possible? If so, how?

Thanks,

KCHruby
    Quote Originally Posted by KCHruby View Post
    littlewaywelt ,

So far, I love Pockete Informant; however, I've got one question.

So far I've been reluctant to make it my default PIM just because,if for some reason--any reason--I want to revert back to Outlook as the default, I can't figure out how to do that. It'll probably never be necessry but just for my peace of mind, I'd like to know how to do it.

Do you know if it's possible? If so, how?

Thanks,

KCHruby
    It's very easy. once you've clicked yes to make it your default, (from within pocket informant) you hit menu/tools&settings/makedefaultPIM (on this last popup you just click on it to revert to the standard.

One of my fav other features of it is all the shortcuts they give you. Using something like resco, you can use those icons for one touch create a task, create a new calendar entry, create a new contact. Very cool stuff, imo.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Well, you can try out PocketCM, where it both looks nice, is sweet to use, and you can set favorites.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...96#post1366096
    LongLivePalm
  8.    #8  
    ittlewaywelt,

Wow, you're right--that is very easy. So far, I love this program--extremely user friendly.

Thanks for all your help.

KCHruby