1.    #1  
    Just got a note from our rep and he said he was told today that there is an upgrade to WM6 coming out for the 700wx. Trying to find out if he has a timeframe.
    Ouch, hurt my finger clicking that link so fast.

However I am not so sure I would want to upgrade my 700wx. WM6 needs more memory than WM5. Look at the hardware specs.

700wx
    RAM 64mb
    ROM 128mb

Mogul
    RAM 64mb
    ROM 256mb

Sprint Touch
    RAM 128mb
    ROM 256mb

Based on that I am not confident it would be worth it performance wise. I had an old Samsung I upgraded to WM5 from 2003. Phone went from being usable to being a paper weight.

Edit:
    The OP said Verizon. This makes more sense for Verizon as they have no comparable WM6 devices available right now. I don't see Sprint doing this.
    Last edited by dgoodisi; 10/17/2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Verizon??
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoodisi View Post
    However I am not so sure I would want to upgrade my 700wx. WM6 needs more memory than WM5. Look at the hardware specs.

700wx
    RAM 64mb
    ROM 128mb

Mogul
    RAM 64mb
    ROM 256mb

Sprint Touch
    RAM 128mb
    ROM 256mb
    Well, the 700wx has the same RAM now as the WM6 Mogul does, as well as that VZW i760 which out friday (64MB) and the VZW 6800 (64MB) no date yet... so it should be OK in that department.

But yeah, I hope the day of 64MB devices is near it's end.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Yes, but the Verizon Reps also said that a 700wx for them didn't exist, that they use SIM cards, that bluetooth takes no extra battery power when idle, and many other fun lies...
    Point is... the 750 has/will be getting an update (not sure if it's out yet... don't really care) and your service rep may have absolutely no clue what they're talking about
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    If the OP is talking about Verizon Reps, he needs to understand that they don't know sh*t about anything. One will tell you one thing and another will say that the first was a fibber and give you reasons why. The thought would be nice. We have been waiting for a upgrade but I really doubt that we will get it but Verizon has to come out with something new soon cause they ae getting left in the dust on bringing out new devices.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    I thought that I read in one of the post that it was a hardware issue and that there was no way to put WM6 on a WX. Maybe I misunderstood. Mal or Surur should be able to answer this question.
    aint gonna happen....long and short.....he has no clue....
  8.    #8  
    Oh, I know all about what VZW reps do and don't know, after all I've hung out in the Samsung i760 rumor thread at pdaphonehome for quite a while now. :-)

Just passing on what our rep told us.. we are a very large B2B customer so I would hope they wouldn't make up random information to tell us, but hey, wouldn't be the first time. I myself will believe it when I see it. :-)
    If this turns out to be true, you can bet the 800w isn't in VZW's cards anytime soon.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I would rather get the upgrade instead of having to buy another Treo. I don't need my wife yelling that it is her turn to buy a new phone not mine.
    I just can't image Verizon doing an upgrade like this. A patch is one thing, but an updated os? no way. Too much hassle for them with no upside. WM6 will be on a new device.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    The need to give us Treo owners a reason to buy the 800W, and WM6 is a big one. My guess is that they won't offer an upgrade to the 700w/wx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    The need to give us Treo owners a reason to buy the 800W, and WM6 is a big one. My guess is that they won't offer an upgrade to the 700w/wx.
    Problem is... WM6 alone is not a valid reason at all to buy a Treo above the WX.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    Look... They didn't even give us a brake with the Treo 700wx. If you already had the 700w you still had to pay full price for the wx even though we all extremely needed memory upgrade that the wx offered. Verizon won't give us anything unless we pay for it.