1.    #1  
    First, whoever decided that their is no need for a blinking light to let you know your phone is on was wrong. Is it that hard to see a green blinking light to let you know your phone is on and say a yellow blinking light to let you know you have a call or message? geesh, how hard can that be.

The fact that there is no indication of sending or receiving data on the net stinks too. Half the time you dont know if the app has hung up, or there is no data being transferred.

My wife constantly would tell me that this phone pick up much more ambient noise than my old V3M Motorola. I did not believe her, she then went outside to call me on a windy day. The ambient noise was terrrible! The phone pick up so much outside noise from the wind, or her opening a door etc it was very annoying.

Perhaps I have a defective phone as far as the noise in concerned.

But I do love the form factor of the phone, and the battery life is awesome. The screen in OK, but side by side to my Motorola V3M the Treo screen is not that much larger.

Had my PDA not died I would still be using the V3M as it is not a year old. While I do enjoy having my PDA apps and phone combined, im on the fence about this phone.

Just my 2 cents worth...
    PhoneAlarm will solve your LED issues, but it is not free. I believe someone has figured out a way to do it and there is a free app out there, just don't know offhand.

As far as the noise, its more a result of the form factor. The mic isn't right next to your mouth like it would be on a flip-phone. Not much you can do about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RHinNC View Post
    First, whoever decided that their is no need for a blinking light to let you know your phone is on was wrong.
    Not sure where you got this. There is a green blinking light to show you have a signal and the phone is on. There is a red blinking light to show that there is no signal but the phone is still on... searching for a signal.

The fact that there is no indication of sending or receiving data on the net stinks too.
    Not sure where you got this either. There is an indication of sending/receiving data. It is the double arrows on top of the display display. They are solid white when sending/receiving data, they are "hollow" (or slightly transparent) when connected but awaiting data transfer, they are not there if not connected to data.

My wife constantly would tell me that this phone pick up much more ambient noise than my old V3M Motorola.
    Yep, there is more ambient noise picked up with this device than some others. The good news is that you can lay it down on your desk and it works well from a distance when on speakerphone mode.

While I do enjoy having my PDA apps and phone combined, im on the fence about this phone.
    Perhaps a good read of the User Guide might be in order.

-Frank
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Not sure where you got this. There is a green blinking light to show you have a signal and the phone is on. There is a red blinking light to show that there is no signal but the phone is still on... searching for a signal.

Must have a defective phone, the light does not blink on my phone. Yes the red light does indicate looking for phone connection, did not make that clear that I knew that.

Not sure where you got this either. There is an indication of sending/receiving data. It is the double arrows on top of the display display. They are solid white when sending/receiving data, they are "hollow" (or slightly transparent) when connected but awaiting data transfer, they are not there if not connected to data.

Hmm, my phone does have the icon, but never changes whether data is passing or not.

Yep, there is more ambient noise picked up with this device than some others. The good news is that you can lay it down on your desk and it works well from a distance when on speakerphone mode.

Perhaps a good read of the User Guide might be in order.

I have read the owners manual, thank you.

-Frank
    I do appreciate your feedback.
    I do appreciate your feedback.
    As far as the blinking lights (green and red), they will not blink if you are hooked up to a charger. If hooked up to a charger (or cradle-charger) the LED remains solid red, or green, depening on the state of charge.

-Frank
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    As far as the blinking lights (green and red), they will not blink if you are hooked up to a charger. If hooked up to a charger (or cradle-charger) the LED remains solid red, or green, depening on the state of charge.

-Frank
    Their are no blinking LED's indicating if you have srvc or not on the Sprint 700wx. When I had the 700w from VZW, it did though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Their are no blinking LED's indicating if you have srvc or not on the Sprint 700wx. When I had the 700w from VZW, it did though.
    Ahah! I guess that's the deal then. I have VZW. It's a carrier thing. Didn't know that! Sorry.

-Frank
  8.    #8  
    Ahah! I guess that's the deal then. I have VZW. It's a carrier thing. Didn't know that! Sorry.

-Frank
    And I erred in not saying my service provider is Sprint......
    Treo alert is ur best friend.
    Treo 700wx,755p,Htc Diamond...
    Whats that free program or what that makes the light blink when u got a missed call or text... I dont like the fact that mine doesnt do that... I used to like when, on my other phone, I would sleep in and wake up to a blinkin light where I was called or texted... this phone I wake up and Im like man noone loves me... then I turn on the screen and see the 10 missed calls and 30 missed texts...lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by pi3yeargrad View Post
    Whats that free program or what that makes the light blink when u got a missed call or text... I dont like the fact that mine doesnt do that... I used to like when, on my other phone, I would sleep in and wake up to a blinkin light where I was called or texted... this phone I wake up and Im like man noone loves me... then I turn on the screen and see the 10 missed calls and 30 missed texts...lol...
    IM going to say this again, treo alert is ur best friend too!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1473
    Last edited by black ice; 10/17/2007 at 05:16 PM.
    Treo 700wx,755p,Htc Diamond...