Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  2.    #2  
    release history. some nice additions.

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...istory.html?en
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Anyone try this out? Is it any good?
    I installed it today. It has some pretty good features. It does seem to be faster.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    So far it works very well, as advertised and have not found any cons. I just installed it though...

One thing I don't understand... it seems to replace (with the exception of the Now screen and custom Menu) Spb Shell instead of integrating with it.

It automatically removed the Spb Shell Today plugin, added the Spb Plus plugin, and even added the tabs I had set up on Shell to Pocket Plus.

Anyone else notice this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    So far it works very well, as advertised and have not found any cons. I just installed it though...

One thing I don't understand... it seems to replace (with the exception of the Now screen and custom Menu) Spb Shell instead of integrating with it.

It automatically removed the Spb Shell Today plugin, added the Spb Plus plugin, and even added the tabs I had set up on Shell to Pocket Plus.

Anyone else notice this?

I did not. It replaced the old pocket plus in its assigned spot in shell. I was disappointed however that there wasnt more one handed functionality built into the program manager drop down menu. I was hopefully they would have allowed to close specific programs without the use of a stylus.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Actually...

To do this you need to uncheck the option on Plus V4 to place it on top of the Today screen. Then soft reset, and then you will be able to place Pocket Plus inside a Shell tab.

Just did it myself!

The issue was that this option toggles the registry entry to stick plugins to the top of the Today screen. This also prevents plugins from being selected to be placed within a Shell tab.

Mystery solved!
    Do the tabs toggle on and off like MobileShell, or do they remain showing like PocketPlus of old forcing at least one tab to show its contents at all times?
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    Do the tabs toggle on and off like MobileShell, or do they remain showing like PocketPlus of old forcing at least one tab to show its contents at all times?
    Tabs auto close
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    I too installed it yesteday and it does have some marked improvements. The tabs in IE is great and so is the new google search feature they added. I love the auto tabs hide. I won't be using mobile shell for now because this is giving me everything i needed from shell. However, I will say that I know they're working on a new version of shell so if it has marked improvements, I'll be adding that back in.

Love the auto-hide addition (again from mobile shell). For those that are on the HTC Tytn II/Kaiser/Tilt or the Touch/Dual, the finger scrolling isn't a big deal because it's already something we have, but most other devices don't have this yet. The file explorer enhancements are great, especially if you don't already have resco explorer. If I had this earlier, I probably wouldn't have upgraded to Resco 2007. There are some other great features in the app. I definitely think it's a great product. The button enhancements they made to give the "extended hold" assignment to the buttons is great. If you previously had AE Button plus, this could remove the need for it.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    [QUOTE=waynew73;1361301]I too installed it yesteday and it does have some marked improvements. The tabs in IE is great and so is the new google search feature they added. I love the auto tabs hide. I won't be using mobile shell for now because this is giving me everything i needed from shell. However, I will say that I know they're working on a new version of shell so if it has marked improvements, I'll be adding that back in.
    [QUOTE]

Any idea what the improvements will be? I would stick with MobileShell if there will be marked improvements comming there as well!!

(unless your bound by secrecy of course, I understand that)

Plus....what are the memory differences between MobileShell + PockerPlus?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Well this version definately works well... it negates the use of Shell, so that's out.

On this first screenshot you can see a tab with HTC Home and the meters from Pocket Plus. Keep in mind this is not 2 different plugins, Pocket Plus now allows you to insert both a plugin and other items (such as shortcuts and meters) on the same tab.

Here's the second tab with Weatherpanel and PhatPhinger.

And finally, the Pocket Plus tab with shortcuts.

The button mappers works well, I have been able to map long press to some buttons that were not originally configured like that. However, it seems the OK button on the Mogul cannot be configured for long press.

The finger scroller works. It may need some work, or it may be my screen protector, but sometimes when trying to scroll down I end up clicking on an icon or shortcut.

The PIE tabs are pretty cool and work well.

I haven't used the File Explorer extensions since I use Resco on my device.

The Close button and task manager are nice to have and work well. The one thing that they could have added is that you cannot select the close button on individual apps on the task manager with the d-pad (you can do this on iLauncher), you have to use the stylus (or finger, but it's more difficult).

You can also see how much memory I had left after a soft reset on my Mogul with all these tabs loaded and other things like SIPChange and Newsbreak also loading after the reset.

So far I can say I'm happy with the app... much more than I expected it to be.

Ohhh before I forget... you can place icons all over the tab, they don't need to be aligned or anything. Don't know if this was possible on earlier versions since this is the first time I try this app.
    Just something to be on the lookout for; I installed this yesterday and I have noticed some slow downs and even freezeups. More so than I did before. I'll let it go for a few more days and see if it keeps up.
    Looking OK...I installed last night, and I did notice the SPB Weather tab can be dynamic, but not the battery in the 'Home' tab. I am on the fence with this one. The memory difference is negligible at best, and I haven't really tested the explorer ot PIE too much yet, so I will have to see if it is worth using instead of the MobileShell menu (seems to be the only loss since I did not use the NOW page anyway). The one strong point I see is the ability to place numerous shortcuts in a tab as illustrated so well in Pibe38's third screenshot.

I will keep testing and reporting.

P.S. One little 'bug' I did notice was that I have the tabs set to auto hide, but I find that about 8 out of 10 times after I unlock my phone, one of the tabs is open (even if it was not open before I lock). Not a huge issue, but a nusance...I like certain things showing (WeatherPanel) as soon as I look at my screen (pet peave I guess).
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    You could always have WP on the first tab and leave the tabs open all the time.

BTW, are you sure the battery on the Home tab is not dynamic? I could have sworn it was.
    On MobileShell the battery is dynamic, but I have not had any luck with that on PocketPlus (anybody else?)

I was thinking about leaving the tabs like that as well (WP on one, and leaving open), but I want WP showing ALL the time, not just when I remember to re-open the WP tab before I lock the phone, or it times out.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Odd, if I add a tab and name it Home and then go to Add, Plugins, Home Tab... the tab image gets switched to the battery meter as it was on Shell.

I guess it all depends on how you use it, I leave HTC Home on a tab because I always go back to the first tab. However, it'd be nice to have the function that iLauncher has that allows you to set a 'snap-back tab'. After you launch a shortcut, iLauncher automatically switches back to that tab.
    Odd, if I add a tab and name it Home and then go to Add, Plugins, Home Tab... the tab image gets switched to the battery meter as it was on Shell.

I guess it all depends on how you use it, I leave HTC Home on a tab because I always go back to the first tab. However, it'd be nice to have the function that iLauncher has that allows you to set a 'snap-back tab'. After you launch a shortcut, iLauncher automatically switches back to that tab.
    Exactly what I was thinking.....a snap-back function (mortscript-guys.......)!!!!

Do you have MobileShell installed as well? I had the home tab with the dynamic battery like you describe until I uninstalled MobileShell, and now Home is not listed in plug-ins anymore!

P.S. Has anybody stretched the limit of how many tabs we are allowed? (plus...is it just me that thinks it sucks that we can't re-arrange the order of the tabs without deleting and re-creating in the order we like (unles I am missing a trick)?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Ahhh that may be why, I still have Shell installed.

And yeah, you can re-arrange the tabs without removing/readding. Just drag and drop.
    And yeah, you can re-arrange the tabs without removing/readding. Just drag and drop.

That sounds reasonable...I should have thought of that!!!! How about longevity? Are you thinking it is a keeper so far? I am still on the fence between this ans MS!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast