Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    That sounds reasonable...I should have thought of that!!!! How about longevity? Are you thinking it is a keeper so far? I am still on the fence between this ans MS!!
    If you're only using shell for the start menu I think pocket plus replaces it very well. As mentioned before the today screen plug in is an upgrade as you can put mulitiple plug ins within each tab. For instance, I have a communcations tab, in that is my inbox, web search and IM+ plug ins.
    Multiple Today plug-ins does sound cool. I may try that out with a couple I never use because of space issues!!

P.S. Six large tabs may be used, I will try small tabs and see if there is a difference!!

edit:
    Not that I would ever use this many, but you can have up to ten small tabs going at once.....that is a LOT of data!!!!
    Last edited by syrguy1969; 10/18/2007 at 01:57 PM.
    Multiple Today plug-ins does sound cool. I may try that out with a couple I never use because of space issues!!

P.S. Six large tabs may be used, I will try small tabs and see if there is a difference!!

edit:
    Not that I would ever use this many, but you can have up to ten small tabs going at once.....that is a LOT of data!!!!
    That flow functionality is also pretty cool. flicking through your inbox is blazing fast, contacts too.
    I use PocketCM (which is fantastic), so I don't really need that function....I will try it out surfing the web later and see.

I would still like to know the changes they are thinking about for MobileShell....if they are as extensive as they were for PocketPlus I have a feeling a lot of us will be doing this uninstall, install, redo tabs, discuss in here thing all over again!!!! LOL
    I use PocketCM (which is fantastic), so I don't really need that function....I will try it out surfing the web later and see.

I would still like to know the changes they are thinking about for MobileShell....if they are as extensive as they were for PocketPlus I have a feeling a lot of us will be doing this uninstall, install, redo tabs, discuss in here thing all over again!!!! LOL
    You could be right about that, but this upgrade is pretty extensive. Not to mention they nail you for an extra 15 bucks for the upgrade.
    Amen to that....I guess the 15 is not so bad for all the changes, but it sucks that we spend so much on MobileShell and have it get replaced....that is the waste of money right there!!!

That is also why I would love to get a hint of the changes being thought of (which I know betas are bound to secrecy, so I don't expect any to tell), because it would give at least an idea of either holding out before purchase, ot just paying up any working with this app!!!! Basically (and I have already paid, so I am just going on now) what I am thinking, is we are paying 25 (It was a while ago) for the original PocketPlus, then 30 for MobileShell when it came out, then another 15 for a PocketPlus upgrade that is very similar to MobileShell, and then possible another 15-20 for a MobileShell upgrade that may have all the new features we are testing now plus some sweet new ones.

Now...I am estimating (very roughly) here, but we could wind up paying about 85-90 dollars for a Today screen app!!!

I guess I did go on a tangent....sorry guys, I will try not to do that anymore!!
    Pibe38, I was noticing that you were able to get the htc home item underneath your tabs. i can't seem to do that. I can't move it below the tabs. I can only have the tabs below htc home. However, you mentioned that you still had mobileshell installed. I was able to move mobileshell above it, but I did notice even with mobile shell I had to do it in a certain order to get the plug-in to drop below the tabs.

Also, like someone else posted, I too did notice a bit of a slow-down after installing it. With that said, it is a great app.

A final note regarding the dynamic tab icons. I found that SPB Traveler and SPB Phonesuite both had dynamic tabs.
    Last edited by waynew73; 10/18/2007 at 10:13 PM.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    To make HTC Home movable and placeable inside Shell and Pocket Plus' tabs you need to perform the following registry change...

HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\TODAY\ITEMS\HTC HOME
    change TYPE from 5 to 4
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Is anyone using this app while still having PIE+ installed? Also, does anyone know how to hide the tabs automatically (or even manually) with the tabs set vertically?
    I am not sure about PIE+, but to hide tabs, you press on a tab until you get the menu than click on 'View', then 'Auto-Hide Tab Content' that will do it.

My problem with it is that when you power up the device again a tab will open at random even if you don't want it to.

edit:

Opppss I just noticed the 'vertical' not sure if it will be the same....I hope so!!!! Sorry if it is different than horizontal.
    Last edited by syrguy1969; 10/19/2007 at 12:12 PM.
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I am not sure about PIE+, but to hide tabs, you press on a tab until you get the menu than click on 'View', then 'Auto-Hide Tab Content' that will do it.

My problem with it is that when you power up the device again a tab will open at random even if you don't want it to.
    Hmmm...Im not having the a tab open on powerup. Try a soft reset & maybe that'll solve it. I just want to be able to line up the tabs on the left side of the screen & be able to activate auto hide tabs.
    I see what you mean...you can't auto-hide vertically....corry!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Is anyone using this app while still having PIE+ installed? Also, does anyone know how to hide the tabs automatically (or even manually) with the tabs set vertically?
    After I installed SPB Pocket Plus 4.0, I wasn't seeing any of the enhancements to PIE (scrolling, tabs on top, etc), and on top of that PIE was locking up and mysteriously closing alot.

I uninstalled PIE+ and then I could access all of the new SPB additions to PIE.

It seems like everytime a new piece of software comes out, I have to throw away 3 or 4 others that I paid good money for.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if I upgrade to 4.0 that I will be able to retain all my settings, icons, etc that I currently have in 3.x?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    To make HTC Home movable and placeable inside Shell and Pocket Plus' tabs you need to perform the following registry change...

HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\TODAY\ITEMS\HTC HOME
    change TYPE from 5 to 4

Pibe38, thanks so much for this. This was the only reason I was going to oriignally keep mobile shell. I made the registry change and now it works. Question...how did you know to look there to make the registry change? I've never been able to figure out how to know what to change on registry hacks. Is there some sort of guide that I can look up?
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Me neither, a user from PDAPhoneHome (don't remember who it was) pointed me out to that area of the registry.

I can't tell you how grateful I was when that info came into my hands... I have used it for Spb Shell, Spb Pocket Plus (although they have a UI to make this change), and for HTC Home.

Glad it helped!
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Are any of you folks, that are trying out PP+ 4.0, going to keep it?

I have been trying it out and so far like what I see. I have 9 small tabs, probably to many, but just trying it out. I use the home tab just like a today screen with plug-ins. Also have kept MS installed and still using it's menu. Which seems to work very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by stepchild View Post
    Are any of you folks, that are trying out PP+ 4.0, going to keep it?

I have been trying it out and so far like what I see. I have 9 small tabs, probably to many, but just trying it out. I use the home tab just like a today screen with plug-ins. Also have kept MS installed and still using it's menu. Which seems to work very well.
    Like syrguy1969 said earlier, to me it gets a little old and expensive jumping back-and-forth from one launcher/organizer program like this to another. I'm trying out 4.0, and so far I really like it over Pocket+'s previous versions, but I also have already bought MobileShell (which I also liked) and don't want to get caught up in the never-ending cycle of evolutionary improvements. Decisions, decisions .....
    When I download it to the phone from my PC using Active Sync, I get a message on the phone (Treo 750, AT and T) that it won't allow the download because it doesn't have a digital certificate.

I'm no expert so can anyone explain what this is about and how I can get around this issue?

Thanks, Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael750 View Post
    When I download it to the phone from my PC using Active Sync, I get a message on the phone (Treo 750, AT and T) that it won't allow the download because it doesn't have a digital certificate.

I'm no expert so can anyone explain what this is about and how I can get around this issue?

Thanks, Mike.
    Did you use the desktop install? If so, I would place the CAB in your memory card and install from there. I have found most of SPBB software does not install with the EXE too well for me, but the CAB works. Also, I have found sometimes if I try an install that fails (for whatever reason), if I try it again, or do a soft-reset, it will work fine.

Basically, my suggestion is this: Do a soft-reset, and install using the CAB. Let us know if it works!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast