1.    #1  
    I had a backlight lamp which didn't work anymore so i brought my 750 to the dealer. I got it last April so i still had valid warranty. Anyway, i asked the salesperson if they could update it with WM6 also. He replied that this update can damage the phone and therefor neither they nor Palm are willing to do the update. The update also causes my warranty to stop. Is this how Palm treats their customers?

I asked him if he realised that Palm offers this update for free to all 750 owners, so what's the use of offering an update if you say that it voids all users warranty's? We're talking about an OS offered by the manufacturer i said. Wtf is wrong with these people? Why is a windows update dangerous for my phone?
    I told the salesman that i couldn't believe it and asked him to verify this with Palm or any supervisor in the store. He said there was no need for that and that he knows for sure that the update is not supported.

Well, it seems i will have to do the update myself when i get the phone back then. I only have one problem with that, which is why i asked them to do it.
    I have no idea which update i need. My girlfriend bought me the 750 without any subscribtion or link to a provider and i can use it with any sim. I guess therefore i don't want a branded WM6 update.

If someone can give me some advise on which WM6 update i need, please let me know.

Cheers

/rant
    Is there a WM6 out there for the 750?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Is there a WM6 out there for the 750?
    For Vodafone and 3 users there is

I think the guy was talking cobblers, Palm wouldn't make it available for download if it voided your warranty
  4.    #4  
    That's what i was thinking too. Imagine, breaking your phone with a Windows update.. Palm and MS would be getting lawsuits from everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeep View Post
    That's what i was thinking too. Imagine, breaking your phone with a Windows update.. Palm and MS would be getting lawsuits from everywhere.
    Would they?? 700P MR didn't result in any lawsuits that I've heard of... And it bricked a good number of phones...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    i'm using the wm6 XDA rom on my cingular/AT&T treo 750 and have been for almost 2 months with absolutely NO PROBLEMS.

search for the rom on this site...
    I've only been running if for a couple weeks but I also have had 0 problems.

You can download it here: http://www.mininova.org/tor/937592

I just verified the torrent is still available.
    Whether its you or the dealer that does it, it's a long process that the dealer probably just doesn't want to do. If its on Palm's site in your country then you can definitely do the upgrade. I wouldn't listen to them at all...