1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm trying to pair this phone with a VW Phaeton which requires rSAP, as far as I can tell this phone doesn't have that BT profile. Is it possible to get around this shortcoming with any third party apps/registry changes or am I resigned to having a spare sim for use with the car?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM83 View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to pair this phone with a VW Phaeton which requires rSAP, as far as I can tell this phone doesn't have that BT profile. Is it possible to get around this shortcoming with any third party apps/registry changes or am I resigned to having a spare sim for use with the car?
    Hold out for WM6--WM5 is terrible with a number of bluetooth kits, BMW and Audi for sure and given the relationship between VW I would surmise they have similar bluetooth kits.

The bluetooth stack in WM5 on the 750 is not WM it is Palm and is terrible. I think they made vast improvements with WM6.

Don't mess around with any 3rd party apps because they can mess up other things--if there was no WM6 on the horizon it would be a diffrerent story. For now use an earpiece and tough it out.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    DSol,
    Are you certain that the WM6 stack will support rSap???? I have a very big client who owns a Bentley Flying Spur that requires rSap and he would love to be able to use the bluetooth from his 750???
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by albiemanmike View Post
    DSol,
    Are you certain that the WM6 stack will support rSap???? I have a very big client who owns a Bentley Flying Spur that requires rSap and he would love to be able to use the bluetooth from his 750???
    I can confirm that it doesn't, or at least if it does, it doesn't work correctly, I upgraded the device using an official WM6 release from Palm and it didn't solve the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM83 View Post
    I can confirm that it doesn't, or at least if it does, it doesn't work correctly, I upgraded the device using an official WM6 release from Palm and it didn't solve the issue.
    No--never meant to imply any compatibility. What I was trying to say was WM5 was woefully terrible in the carkit compatibility area. WM6 works very well from a connectivity stand point with my BMW car kit. Connections are stable now. WM5 rarely if ever could remain connected via BT.

Compatibility is a broad description, if some feature does not work then I don't believe they can say it is "compatible" but even if they don't claim it does support your car kit it still might work to some capacity.
    Last edited by Dsol; 10/19/2007 at 01:23 PM. Reason: typo-
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Agree with Dsol. Wm6 now works almost perfectly with my Audi Q7 but the 750 does not support SAP

Si