1.    #1  
    Sorry I am a bit new to wm6, being a long time palm user.

I realise that my NOTES in the outlook is not being sync with the 500v and there is not Notes in wm6 neither.

Does anyone have a good recommended on what notes software to get to sync with Outlook?
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Happen to know if Phatnotes Professional 5.0 retained Exchange Activesync support? I've tried looking everywhere that I can think of for any mention and haven't found it yet. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
    Sorry I am a bit new to wm6, being a long time palm user.

I realise that my NOTES in the outlook is not being sync with the 500v and there is not Notes in wm6 neither.

Does anyone have a good recommended on what notes software to get to sync with Outlook?
    by default, notes is not included in the initial sync...
    its only calendar, contacts, email, tasks and favorites
    you need to include notes..
    my choices are calendar, contacts, tasks, notes and files
    once active sync is connected
    you go to tools> options > then check notes
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by daniela View Post
    by default, notes is not included in the initial sync...
    its only calendar, contacts, email, tasks and favorites
    you need to include notes..
    my choices are calendar, contacts, tasks, notes and files
    once active sync is connected
    you go to tools> options > then check notes
    Hi Daniela, sorry don't think that this is possible. Are you also using 500v with wm6 standard edition? Anyway, on windows mobile device center there is no "tools > options>" menu. I only have "change content sync settings" which does not include notes.
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Is that the only software around? seems a little overboard because I just want to have a notes apps and don't need the bells and whistles. Thanks for the recommendation anyway.

Are there no other software around?
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
    Are there no other software around?
    I've used PhatPad before and really liked it, but wanted Exchange support which the former version of PhatNotes provided.

Have a look: http://www.pocketpcmag.com/awards/ca...y.asp#CatNotes
  7.    #8  
    I managed to get Smartphonenotes, http://www.syncdata.it/sphnotes.html which is exactly what I am looking for, not too much bells and whistles
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Is there anything that will sync with exchange and doesnt need you to connect the phone to the PC to sync notes?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    ALso it looks like smartnotes doesnt work on the 800W .. it says NOT supported when I try to install...
  10. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    Is there anything that will sync with exchange and doesnt need you to connect the phone to the PC to sync notes?
    Sadly MS Exchange wireless sync doesn't support Notes (on any device). So doing it to Outlook on the PC is the only way.
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    ALso it looks like smartnotes doesnt work on the 800W .. it says NOT supported when I try to install...
    wanted to try this app too, but it doesn't work on my Treo Pro: really strange.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
  12. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    @djqiwk and matro - Smartphonenotes (and this forum) is meant specifically for WM Standard (non-touchscreen) devices, like the Treo 500. The 800w and Treo Pro are touchscreen devices which use Windows Mobile Professional. So it's not surprising Smartphonenotes won't install You don't need it anyway - WM Pro has full support for Outlook Notes already built in.
    I would like WM Pro to have full support for Outlook Notes, but unfortunately it doesn't: no categories, no subfolders, few chars for note titles, etc.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    I have over 2000 notes that sync perfectly and I even have them categorized (sort of). This is what I did.

Starting from scratch
    -I checked the check box on the active sync desktop indicating that I want it to sync my notes and waited for the sync to complete.
    -Next I disconnected the Treo from the computer
    -Next on the Treo I made a folder inside MyDocuments called "Notes"
    -I moved all the notes into that folder.
    -Next inside the Notes folder I made sub folders for categories such as "Personal" "Business" and so on.
    -On the Treo I moved the appropriate notes into these folders.
    -Now it is time to sync again.
    -After I sync then in Outlook on the desktop the notes are all automatically renamed with the folder structure as part of the name. For example the note titled "Christmas List 2008" was changed to "Notes\Personal\Christmas List 2008"
    -This allows the notes to be sorted by category on the desktop as well as the Treo even though no Outlook categories are really assigned on the desktop.

The only minor downside is when I open the notes application on the Treo it does not show my list of notes. The work around is just to open File Explorer and click on the note I want to read or edit. It will then sync back to the desktop just the way you would expect it to. This has been working for me for months now and I sync to 2 different PC's.

Hope it helps
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011