Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    What are your thoughts on syncing with Exchange via ActiveSync... I finally got my device setup to do this (cert installed correctly on my Treo 750) and this was the first weekend I had it going (as of Friday). I have it set to only sync email via Exchange and the options I have set are to "get new mail as it arrives" and to check during Non-Peak times every 2 hours. Are these the best ways to set it? Does that mean that there is a constant connection between my device and Exchange or how does it know when the items arrive?

The reason I ask this is because I charged my phone last night, took it off charge this morning (as usual) and on lunch I look at my phone and the battery level is at 9%.. and my phone is mad at me (warning that its below 10%) WOW is all I have to say... that was fast, im looking to improve that a bit now, back to the day or so I use to get out of my phone.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Wow that is a fast drain. I have mine synced all day and the charge lasts all day.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Hey, another exchange question:

Is there a way to keep my personal contacts, calendar, etc. from going TO the exchange?

I synced for the first time this evening, and now all my events and contacts are on my work computer. Not sure that's a great idea.
    My company just installed exchange and now I don't have any of my personal info syncing up, only the company Exchange. IT doesn't seem to care to resolve.

Any ideas?

RSW
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    well.... back on the topic of battery life.. I have it syncing every hour now and 4 hours on non-peak times and I dont have bluetooth running (except for in the car ride home and to work) and it seems i have to charge it at night because the battery is like 40% left after I leave work around 5PM with a full charge, then charge it at work the next day..

Any thoughts? Does my device keep a constant connection to Exchange?