1.    #1  
    I can't seem to figure out how to configure my Treo750 with 'direct push' technology that is supposed to act just like blackberry.

I downloaded a trial of GoodLink and was able to successfully get this working and think it works great. I get email on my phone quicker than it comes to my desktop.

I read the MS Direct Push works the exact same way, and is cheaper. Is there a special client I need to download to my Treo750? I'm confused?
    No, MS Direct Push works with your company's MS exchange server, not a program on your desktop. A search of these threads or the internet will find you several articles on how to set this up on the exchange server and your 750.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
  3.    #3  
    Any chance you could point me to one? I've been looking and haven't been able to find anything to let me know how to get this working.

Does my Treo just use the native email client then? Whenever I go to create a new account is just gives me the option for POP3 & IMAP?
    This site has good instructions and I would suggest you also work with your IT department on this as well. http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/20...03/424028.aspx
    Jeff
  5.    #5  
    Thanks! I had actually found that article once before, but my defualt mail client was automatically picking up the exchange Server settings. So, I'm assuming my Exchange Administrator must have something set up incorrectly on his side of things.
    so it was working at one point? If that's correct, then yes, my gut is IT changed something on the server and you just need to get the updated information. Good luck.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    U may try the Seven 's solution
    Handspring treo 90/180/600
    pa1m0ne Treo650 palm Treo 680, palm Treo750,Centro,Samsung i780, Now Treo Pro
  8.    #8  
    No - we have never been able to get this working. that's why I set up the GoodLink Server. Another coleague of mine told me that there company used to use GoodLink, but had all kind of problems. Once they started using MS Direct Push things have gone smoothly.

I'm just trying to look at all of the alternatives for the people at the office not using Blackberry but wanting that functionality.
  9.    #9  
    What is the Seven's Solution??
    Quote Originally Posted by savvyshopper View Post
    No - we have never been able to get this working. that's why I set up the GoodLink Server. Another coleague of mine told me that there company used to use GoodLink, but had all kind of problems. Once they started using MS Direct Push things have gone smoothly.

I'm just trying to look at all of the alternatives for the people at the office not using Blackberry but wanting that functionality.
    Does your company use Exchange 2003 with the SP2 update? I believe you also have to enable mobile email on the server. At least that's the way our IT guys presented it to me.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Does your company use Exchange 2003 with the SP2 update? I believe you also have to enable mobile email on the server. At least that's the way our IT guys presented it to me.
    I would agree that this is correct, you need to have either MS Exchange 2003 with SP2, or MS Exchange 2007 as your mail server for direct push to work.
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by savvyshopper View Post

DirectPush works great for me. Only hitch is that it works "too great": It will push spam to you right away. Even if you leave Outlook running. The spam gets pushed to your Treo right away, even if Outlook would/will remove it.

I love Outlook's Junk Mail Filter, it generally does a great job. I wish this could live on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    DirectPush works great for me. Only hitch is that it works "too great": It will push spam to you right away. Even if you leave Outlook running. The spam gets pushed to your Treo right away, even if Outlook would/will remove it.

I love Outlook's Junk Mail Filter, it generally does a great job. I wish this could live on the server.
    i installed microsoft server 2003 on an old back up pc that I used to test it- and am now wondering what's next? is there a good link that will show you how to set up your MSserver 2003 (with sp2) for directpush?
    one link said that there is an microsoft exchange manager, or a mobile service already installed- but I can't seem to find this.

In other words, after installing the ms server 2003 sp2, what else do I need to do? (I already have outlook set up to retrieve comcast messages and it works) Do I sync my outlook to the server? How? Thanks for the patience.
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
  14. yud
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    i installed microsoft server 2003 on an old back up pc that I used to test it- and am now wondering what's next? is there a good link that will show you how to set up your MSserver 2003 (with sp2) for directpush?
    one link said that there is an microsoft exchange manager, or a mobile service already installed- but I can't seem to find this.

In other words, after installing the ms server 2003 sp2, what else do I need to do? (I already have outlook set up to retrieve comcast messages and it works) Do I sync my outlook to the server? How? Thanks for the patience.
    On top of Windows Server 2003 you need to install MS-Exchange, which is a mail server. Only then you'll find Exchange System Manager, and the Direct Push settings.

You will need to have your own domain name, configure the Exchange Server to receive mail for this domain, and of course secure it (against spam, etc, otherwise you'll be blacklisted in no time at all).

Configuring and securing Exchange 2003 and 2007 is not a small task. petri.co.il is a good starting point.

having said all that, why would you want to host your own mail server anyway? Try to get your ISP to push your mail.

Y.
    Treo 750 WM6 ROM (was 3 Australia, now vanilla) + 2GB miniSD
    Tungsten T3

no longer (thank goodness):
    Dopod 838 Pro