1.    #1  
    Ok, So I bought a blue tooth GPS unit and trying to hook it up to my treo...

I have the connection paired and selected the "serial connection" service for the blue tooth profile.

So now what do I need to do to make it work with the phone?

Do I go to the GPS control panel settings item and setup something there?

By Tab I have the settings as follows...
    "Programs" GPS Program Port COM0
    "hardware" GPS Hardware port (none)
    "Access" Manage GPS Automatically

Is this setup right?

Also it seems like I had a free program that I was using before that allowed GPS mapping while connected to the internet...

Yahoo Togo?
    Google Maps?
    MS Live Search?

I will eventually buy software but would like to use the GPS with my phone for free if possible. I also upgraded to the Sprint 1.15
    Not sure about Yahoo but both Google Maps and MS Live Search will give you GPS functionality for free. MS Live Search is superior to Google Maps in this department.
    All you need to do is make sure you set up the GPS correctly within MS Live Search as well to match your settings. it works flawlessly for me.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    But it will not give you turn by turn GPS. You have to buy software like Copilot or Tom Tom for that.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    But it will not give you turn by turn GPS. You have to buy software like Copilot or Tom Tom for that.
    Technicality: MS Live does do turn-by-turn, just not voice assisted.

rulk
    : watch this and see if it helps

http://www.wmexperts.com/featured/ho...p_bluetoo.html

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Thanks... Thats EXACTLY what I needed... Should be in the FAQ...

Have it setup now... Have both live search and google maps installed so will have to play with them today and see if they work.

Rodney