1.    #1  
    Treo 700wx here...

Freedom Mini GPS arrived yesterday...paired using the supplied code (1234)...BT icon turns white to indicate pairing and then immediately back to regular blue (BT on, nothing paired). No programs recognize gps. Tried it a few hours later with a friends BlackJack...he can pair and maintain pairing, but also no program recognize it.

I tried all kinds of suggested COM port combinations and none of them work. I'm hoping i'm just missing something very obvious because i bought this thing specifically for a trip coming up next weekend and now i think i'm SOL. If it turns out this is just a defective unit will the TreoCentral Store cross-ship me a new one?

Thoughts?
    Did you make sure "secured connection" is not checked?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Did you make sure "secured connection" is not checked?
    Yes, i did. Looks like Freedom Input put out some new instructions on the website (pdf) and i tried following that with no success. I think my primary problem is that i cannot pair, i.e. no "paired" icon, just standard blue (bluetooth on, no devices paired). Other devices pair without problems. I have also deleted all others just in case.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    It took me several tries to pair it up.

You should see an option appear to use as a serial device when it pairs - check that box. If not keep trying.

One comm port for hardware and one for software is needed, and I set the baud rate to 57,600.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ljcobb View Post
    It took me several tries to pair it up.

You should see an option appear to use as a serial device when it pairs - check that box. If not keep trying.

One comm port for hardware and one for software is needed, and I set the baud rate to 57,600.
    Did all that...MANY times...just won't pair. I haven't even gotten as far as having to worry about com ports (although i've tried every suggested combination of that as well) because i haven't been able to pair.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I had this problem...and here's what i had to do...
    1.) go into settings, then system, then goto gps
    2.) GPS program port com1
    3.) GPS hardware port 4 (some apps don't show com0) baud rate 4800
    4.) access - check auto
    5.) now turn on receiver and turn bluetooth on treo
    6.) new partnership
    7.) goto com ports, slect new outgoing, make it com4
    8.) now goto a gps software you've installed (i.e.google maps)
    9.) if it doesn't work, give it time...takes the gps receiver time to link up 1-2 mins.
    I had the Freedom Mini working but today I deleted the Hannip Bluetooth stack and installed the sprint 1.15 update (which was supposed to improve BT) and I am now having problems. I can get through the pairing process fine, but when I have Bluetooth on, the indicator is blue - no pairing - and then using Live Search, TomTom or Star Caddy I cannot get a signal.

Btw, for those of you having trouble, are you using 1.15 or Hannip's solution.
    I don't know if you guys are having a problem like I am with my bluetooth, but ever since I upgraded to 1.15 for Sprint I can not get anything to connect to my 700wx. It will pair up just fine, then it will connect and my bluetooth icon turns white, and 30 seconds later my phone will drop the connection (icon turns back blue) and not reconnect without turning bluetooth off and back on on the phone. No matter what I try or do bluetooth will not stay connected.

When I connect my stereo headset while a song is playing I will get audio for the 30 secs it's connected, but then it drops. I finally gave up on the treo and ordered a Mogul which should be here today or tomorrow.