1.    #1  
    I am looking for some help. I want to start a new email that is already addressed to me. I often email my notes/thoughts to myself for later review and filing on my desktop outlook. It takes too many clicks/button presses before I can actually start me note. Can anyone tell me if this is possible with mortscript and how to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonphillips View Post
    I am looking for some help. I want to start a new email that is already addressed to me. I often email my notes/thoughts to myself for later review and filing on my desktop outlook. It takes too many clicks/button presses before I can actually start me note. Can anyone tell me if this is possible with mortscript and how to do it?
    Aloha jason.I will dig through the reg to see if there is anything we can work off of.
    Sling, I don't know if there is anything in the reg that will work.

Jason, you can try using RunWait() with one of the command lines in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1294049

Obviously, you need to tweak the command line to match your email account and you will probably need to escape the quotes to get it to pass properly to tmail.

See the MortScript manual for more info on RunWait() and using quotes inside of strings.
    Wont the mailto: shortcut work also?

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Wont the mailto: shortcut work also?

Surur
    Yeah it should work, but I had mixed results with it when I used it before. A couple of issues...

1) It brings up the "Running a system command" warning that you have to dismiss.
    2) It sends mail via the default account, I don't think you can control that.
    3) I was using a shortcut for this, and occasionally I found it just wouldn't trigger pocket outlook. I couldn't find any rhyme or reason as to why, it would just randomly fail sometimes using the exact same shortcut. May have been something specific to my phone though.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the replies. I will begin testing these out and report back
  7.    #7  
    I would think that the following line would work, but I get an error.
    tmail.exe -service "MyMail" -to "joe@tc.com" -subject "Call Me Tonight"

I get "Unknown Command 'tmail.ex'"
  8.    #8  
    I did get the following to work, but it is not the method I prefer.

isRunning = ProcExists( "tmail.exe" )
    If ( isRunning )
    Kill( "tmail.exe" )
    Sleep(200)
    EndIf

Run( "\Windows\tmail.exe")
    WaitForActive( "Outlook E-mail", 10)
    SendLeftSoft("" )
    Sleep(2000)
    sendKeys("me@company.com")
    sendTab()
    sendKeys("MyNote")
    sendTab()
  9.    #9  
    The method I want to use that is not working is:

If ( isRunning )
    Kill( "tmail.exe" )
    Sleep(200)
    EndIf

Run("\Windows\tmail.exe", "-to me@company.com")
  10.    #10  
    Never mind, I did not realize the previous post was for a lnk file. I got it all working now. Thanks zbop for the tips on the other post. It had just what I needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonphillips View Post
    I did get the following to work, but it is not the method I prefer.

If ( isRunning )
    Kill( "tmail.exe" )
    Sleep(200)
    EndIf

Run( "\Windows\tmail.exe")
    WaitForActive( "Outlook E-mail", 10)
    SendLeftSoft("" )
    Sleep(2000)
    sendKeys("me@company.com")
    sendTab()
    sendKeys("MyNote")
    sendTab()
    For some reason when I try this it did nothing, so I deleted the If statement and just used the lower section. I changed "Outlook E-mail" to "Sprint PCS" as that's the name of my pop3 account. It errors saying "comma expected line waitforactive ( "Sprint PCS", 10 )

This is the same error that I get when I try to use a regular windows shortcut "\Windows\tmail.exe" -service "Sprint PCS" -to "myhomeemail@comcast.net"

I have a treo 700wx with WM5. Any ideas on how to get either of these options to work? I just want it to select a specific account before it opens the new email.