1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am changing exchange hosting companies. How do I change my treo settings without messing anything up on the Treo itself (or the server)?

Do I just put the new server info in & sync?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Do a complete backup to be safe, and then yes, just add your new settings and the first sync should add the data on your Treo to the server.

(note: I have my own Exchange server, so I've never switched hosts. But this is how it "should" work from an IT perspective...see what others add to this thread)
  3.    #3  
    Ill hang tight until I hear from some other users as well.

Thanks,
    Rich
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well when you change email Exchange servers the best thing to do is delete the current Server from your phone then setup the new one and sync. When you delete the old server it will delete all the emails that are attached to that mailbox from your phone. That is the only thing.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Hi,

I am changing exchange hosting companies. How do I change my treo settings without messing anything up on the Treo itself (or the server)?

Do I just put the new server info in & sync?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Well, if you are changing Exchange hosts and you want to retain emails, Outlook has the provision of backing up your emails to a PST file.

After backup up to a PST file, you can delete your outgoing Exchange account, configure your new exchange account, then restore the PST file to your newly created mailbox - which will sync those emails back onto your Treo.
    The best thing to do is export your pst file (making sure you export everything) and then just importing that to your new server. Then like others said, just delete your server options in activesync and redo them. You may need to load a certificate on your treo from your new server.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    If you are using a hosting service follow their instructions otherwise the advice that Gojada gave you is accurate. Just moved from 4SP to Sherweb. Very smooth transition.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Gojada is spot on with his recommendation. Also, your new Exchange host should have instructions on how to do this as well.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com