1.    #1  
    Hi, i am new to using a Treo 700w and have looked at all the forums to find an answer to my problem. Maybe its still out there and im just too confused to understand but ive tried some solutions that still havent helped so here i am posting, hopefully somebody can help me directly.

I have the treo 700w that supposedly can connect to wireless internet. I know that my phone can also connect to the internet through Verizon, but i dont want to get charged so that's not what im looking to fix. I bought a wireless card, the spectec 802.11 b/g and even downloaded the driver that i think was supposed to make it work but everytime i put the card into my phone, it prompts me by saying "unrecognized card." I've been in a location where wireless is available so i dont know why my phone isnt picking up the signal or recognizing the card for that matter. If somebody could help me perhaps download the proper driver or something else that will allow my phone to connect to wireless internet, that would be GREAT! Sorry for the long post...
    Quote Originally Posted by garbageman786 View Post
    Hi, i am new to using a Treo 700w and have looked at all the forums to find an answer to my problem. Maybe its still out there and im just too confused to understand but ive tried some solutions that still havent helped so here i am posting, hopefully somebody can help me directly.

I have the treo 700w that supposedly can connect to wireless internet. I know that my phone can also connect to the internet through Verizon, but i dont want to get charged so that's not what im looking to fix. I bought a wireless card, the spectec 802.11 b/g and even downloaded the driver that i think was supposed to make it work but everytime i put the card into my phone, it prompts me by saying "unrecognized card." I've been in a location where wireless is available so i dont know why my phone isnt picking up the signal or recognizing the card for that matter. If somebody could help me perhaps download the proper driver or something else that will allow my phone to connect to wireless internet, that would be GREAT! Sorry for the long post...
    I have one of the Spectec 802.11b cards and I can't get it to work either with my 700wx. The message I get however is something about not enough memory when there is 28mb of processor memory and over 7mb of storage memory. To me, it seems like that should be enough!

Tom
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    using CD install would get that message. Found a CAB here and it worked fine.

Removed my SD card.

Using AS Explorer I moved the CAB from my PC to 700wx My Documents.

Using 700wx File Explorer I installed CAB and deleted it after install.

Did a soft reset.

Went to Settings, Connections, Network Cards and set the driver to connect to Internet in drop down box at top.

Did a soft reset.

Inserted SDIO card and it worked without a hitch since.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
  4.    #4  
    Argh! I tried what u suggested JimMLINY, numerous times too! but even still when i put my card back in, it prompts me saying "unrecognized card." Ive downloaded drivers from the cd, as well as from the spectec website for my card, and now the one you suggested and still nothing is recognizing my card! When i go to settings, connections and network cards. i choose SDIO 802.11g Adapter and have it so that "My network card connects to: The Internet", ive tried it when i've highlighted Wi-Fi SDIO Card as well, but still no luck. I really appreciate your help though!...What about when i click ON the driver itself such as ON SDIO 802.11g Adapter and it takes me to another page asking me which IP address to use...is there a specific thing i should work with over there? Thanks once again!
  5.    #5  
    and what does it mean when its says its connecting to broadband with #7777? Is it related or completely different?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garbageman786 View Post
    and what does it mean when its says its connecting to broadband with #7777? Is it related or completely different?
    that is for evdo 1xrtt or other pay for connection.

seems you have a bad wi-fi card, contact seller for exchange. it happens. you're not the first.
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather