1.    #1  
    So I bought this 700w on ebay, and I hooked it up to my Verizon service and it worked fine. For a day. Then yesterday, the phone radio won't turn on and the status screen says there is no service on verizon (my girlfriend's phone works, so that's a lie). I can't turn the phone radio on, it won't come on.

I don't know if the problem is the network or the phone, but I have tried a soft and a hard reset. Verizon wants me to send the phone back for an out of warranty exchange, they're over trying to help! Anyone here know of anything I can do to fix the issue?

Thanks,
    Travis
    Maybe hook it up to your computer and run the most current patch?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Maybe hook it up to your computer and run the most current patch?
    Tried that, actually. But thank you for the idea.
    have you tried a hard reset?
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    have you tried a hard reset?
    He did say he already tried a hard reset.

I would say to try a PRL update but since you cant turn the radio on, that would be useless advice....
  6.    #6  
    The out of warranty exchange will only cost $50, and I will probably get a better phone than the one I have, and the Ebay+the exchange still costs less than retail. But still, I was using the thing for work so I thought it might be nice to keep it working!
  7.    #7  
    no, now I can't exchange it cause I bought it on Ebay, they said. So I am pretty much in possession of an expensive palm pilot. nice.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I bought one on Craigs List and bricked it with an update. I took it to a VZW store to have them look at it. I didnt talk about where I got it and they gave me a refurb. I was shocked. Give it a try.

Anyone know if that means I have some sort of warranty now?
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I also purchased mine on eBay (vzw 700w)... then no sound came outta the speakers. Either one. so I called 'em up and said exactly what was wrong, they asked me a few questions, but not where I got it, and the sent me a refurb. (vzw 700w)
    Then it happened again a few months later. Went through same process... for free. (vzw 700w)
    After about 6 months, it got dropped off of a rollercoaster. Called 'em up... and apparently I have insurance. Paid the $50 deductible (for the first time), went through Asurian Insurance, and they sent me a new in box, with acessories, vzw 700wx!
    Moral of the story... go for it. Their tech support line is stupid... guarantee you could get a new phone out of them
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Never tell them you bought it on Ebay. Just tell them that your phopne stopped working after you updated it.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    try taking it to another store and tell them that your phone stop working and see what they can do but don't tell them it is from ebay
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    If they do ask say something like I got it from my Father-In-Law.