Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    The only otions on my alarms are either a little ding or a dong and quite frankly a two seconed noise doesn't wake me up in the morning...
    I used to rely on my old phone for a alarm (a piece of junk non smartphone nokia) and I can't imagine the 700wx doesn't have longer alarm sounds! And I'm pretty sure its just my lack of knowledge.
    Is there a way to assign a mp3 to my alarm or to just select a longer tone ( I see in sounds and noticiations there are long tuned but can't figure out how to assign them to my alarm...
    knowing this is probably a stupid question... thanx in advance for taking the time to explain it to me...
    -Devin
    Have you actually tried it? Give it a go - its quite effective. Regarding your question - I think you will need 3rd party apps to do that.

Surur
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Have you actually tried it? Give it a go - its quite effective. Regarding your question - I think you will need 3rd party apps to do that.

Surur
    Tried what?
    Oh thrird party apps... ok could u point them out to me I am really new at this...
    (or a quick way to change the alarm to the treo ringtone...)
    thanx
    My alarm tone uses an MP3 snippet and is very loud

You don't need any extra software. Just bring over an MP3 and then read your manual

Ok, I'll be nicer. Open up the sound apps, click on the manage tab, and then menu, add sound. That brings in the MP3 sound (from either your SD card or a location on your 700wx) and makes it available.

I then just assign that sound to reminder and set a reminder every morning, et voila
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Just to add. You can use alarms from mp3 and wav files. There is no constraint on the duration of the alarm that I know of. I have two alarms, which are essentially snippets of a couple of good songs I like, that are about a minute long and are quite loud.
    SPB Time is excellent for using MP3's as alarms.
    -- JMS --
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Just to add. You can use alarms from mp3 and wav files. There is no constraint on the duration of the alarm that I know of. I have two alarms, which are essentially snippets of a couple of good songs I like, that are about a minute long and are quite loud.
    thanx,

but do you use an alarm or reminder?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    My alarm tone uses an MP3 snippet and is very loud

You don't need any extra software. Just bring over an MP3 and then read your manual

Ok, I'll be nicer. Open up the sound apps, click on the manage tab, and then menu, add sound. That brings in the MP3 sound (from either your SD card or a location on your 700wx) and makes it available.

I then just assign that sound to reminder and set a reminder every morning, et voila
    ok I added the sound thanx but when you click the clock on the today screen and it gives you an option for three alarms in the dropdown menu for sounds the new mp3 doesn't appear?
    how do I set a "noticiation"
    again thanx for your help
    yes I would like to know this too. I cannot figure out how to set an mp3 to work as an alarm sound and yes, I've RTFM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasFury View Post
    yes I would like to know this too. I cannot figure out how to set an mp3 to work as an alarm sound and yes, I've RTFM.
    I don't think it's possible with the stock software on a Treo 700w/wx. A pity, because MP3 ringtones work wonderfully for phone alerts (Known caller, missed call, roaming, unknown caller, etc.), e-mail/messaging alerts, voicemail notification, and Reminders (the kind you put on your calendar).

The built-in Alarm program, however, cannot "see" MP3s no matter where you place them. Something of an oversight, I would say.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    well doesn't that stink...