1.    #1  
    I have a work enviroment that is using exchange 2007, with an owa server access. I would like to connect to the IMAP mail server but it is behind the VPN, and it is not compatible with the WM5 VPN. IS there a service or software that can access the owa server and then transfer it to a pop3 or IMAP mail server?
    So you're saying that Outlook Web Access is behind a VPN? That kind of defeats the purpose of Web Access.

And you're saying that you can't even use Active Sync?
    If you have OWA (no matter where it is), you <should> be able to use EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) to have full push email working.

In other words - you don't need VPN, you don't need to hassle with POP or IMAP either one, and just roll with EAS. Doesn't matter (or it shouldn't matter, that is) how your PC works - as long as you have OWA access (are you sure you do?) then that will be how you'll get your email.

Go into ActiveSync on the device, select 'set up my device to sync with my Exchange server', or whatever that initial screen shows, then put in your OWA URL, and all your usual NT logon credentials, and make any other needed changes like how many days of past calendar data you want on your device, how much past email you want, and then that's it.

No VPN to hassle with, and surely no need for POP or IMAP. If this is all new to you, you're probably trying to set up your Exchange account from inside 'Messaging', using Menu/Tools/New Account, and that's not the process to use to get access to your Exchange account. Do it from inside the ActiveSync app on the device, not 'Messaging'.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I use OWA and it works fine from a browser. It doesn't work when I try it with ActiveSync. I get an error that says I do not have proper security to access it.

I am trying EMoze right now. It uses OWA and replicates going in through the web interface. It is forwarding mail OK, but not sending mail. I have some mail into tech support.

Any suggestions on ActiveSync direct to OWA.

I use:

ID
    Password
    Domain
    OWA Web Address
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotys View Post
    I use OWA and it works fine from a browser. It doesn't work when I try it with ActiveSync. I get an error that says I do not have proper security to access it.

I am trying EMoze right now. It uses OWA and replicates going in through the web interface. It is forwarding mail OK, but not sending mail. I have some mail into tech support.

Any suggestions on ActiveSync direct to OWA.

I use:

ID
    Password
    Domain
    OWA Web Address
    It sounds like either your company is using SSL (https) and you don't have the right cert or they don't have your account enabled for mobile syncing.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    If you have OWA (no matter where it is), you <should> be able to use EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) to have full push email working.

In other words - you don't need VPN...
    That is incorrect. Some very large companies have OWA setup to work within the company's firewall only.

In such a situation, you must tunnel in (VPN) to the company network before OWA (and thus Activesync) will work.

AnthaVPN has a product that works - though, in the past, I found it would, after a few hours, lock up my Sprint 700WX. I have not yet tried it since I exchanged my device, though, so maybe it will work flawlessly now, I do not know. I have new hardware now, and the version on AnthaVPN has changed, so who knows?

As for OWA being behind a firewall, I admit this is an unusual configuration, but nonetheless I know it can be this way as my company has also configured OWA this way.