Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I used to have a Treo700wx and I like the design, feel and features of it but I quit using it because of the bluetooth features did not work properly with my blue tooth devices. I tried several bluetooth headset and people reported they could not hear me loud enough. Also the treo did not work properly with my Pioneer Z2 car audio system. Palm just realeased an upgrade for the Treo 700wx bluetooth feature. Has anybody installed it and if so did it correct any of these problems , if anybody else had this problems? Can you hear loud enough with a blue tooth headset? I tried Jabra JX10 , Plantronics 640, Samsung and Motorola and had problems with all of them. I sure would go back to the Treo 700wx if these issues had been resolved. Thanks to anybody who takes time to give me an opinion.
    My 640 works much better with the Sprint 1.15 update.

Have no issues with Moto h500 or Blueant Z9 either.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    What bluetooth upgrade are you talking about? Are you talking about the 1.22 update for Verizon and the 1.15 update for Sprint? Or is there another update that we don't know about yet? The two updates that I mentioned really didn't do anything for bluetooth that I know about.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    What bluetooth upgrade are you talking about? Are you talking about the 1.22 update for Verizon and the 1.15 update for Sprint? Or is there another update that we don't know about yet? The two updates that I mentioned really didn't do anything for bluetooth that I know about.
    Yes, the 1.15/1.22 updates.
    • Advanced audio support (A2DP) enjoy your music in full stereo with new support for Bluetooth stereo headsets.
    • Hands-free enhancements Drive safely and work more efficiently. Get support for even more Bluetooth carkits and the Palm wired carkit.

They updated/changed the BT stack, so there were changes to BT in general, with some (including myself) noticing improvements, others not so much.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    but the updates still dont make it so you can use these bluetooth headsets and car kits microphones to give voice commands, correct?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    No you can't use VC because that is a hardware issue.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    You are 100% correct. The update did NOTHING for me. I as well have the Pioneer AVIC-Z2 and it sucks. You can't lower or raise the volume in the car as well it drops calls after a minute of talking. Horrible background noise as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoch21 View Post
    You are 100% correct. The update did NOTHING for me. I as well have the Pioneer AVIC-Z2 and it sucks. You can't lower or raise the volume in the car as well it drops calls after a minute of talking. Horrible background noise as well.
    I had the same problem...try http://www.jetwaremobile.com/ it fixed my problem, it works great w/pioneer
    2 B 1 A S K 1
    I am finally jumping ship on my 700wx. Every since I did the upgrade I can't get my bluetooth to stay connected. No matter what I pair to my treo it doesn't work. Ive tried 3 different headsets and 1 stereo headset. They all do the exact same thing. They will pair up just fine. When I turn on bluetooth it will connect to my headsets, but then my phone will drop the connection about 10 seconds later. The only way to get them to connect again is to turn off bluetooth on the phone and turn it back on again only to start all over again. Ive tried soft resets and hard resets and nothing will get it to work correctly.

I just ordered a Mogul today so we will see how it goes when it gets here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchblack98 View Post
    I am finally jumping ship on my 700wx. Every since I did the upgrade I can't get my bluetooth to stay connected. No matter what I pair to my treo it doesn't work. Ive tried 3 different headsets and 1 stereo headset. They all do the exact same thing. They will pair up just fine. When I turn on bluetooth it will connect to my headsets, but then my phone will drop the connection about 10 seconds later. The only way to get them to connect again is to turn off bluetooth on the phone and turn it back on again only to start all over again. Ive tried soft resets and hard resets and nothing will get it to work correctly.

I just ordered a Mogul today so we will see how it goes when it gets here.
    I have both the Mogul and a 700Wx. My Mogul's bluetooth was very choppy until I flashed it with the Alltel's ROM. Now the BT is good, but it sometimes won't wake up after using BT. This is a known issue and I don't think it's only with Alltel flashed Moguls. Like any other issues on devices, it's not happening to everyone.

I dropped Verizon's BT files on my 700Wx and now it sounds great with my JX10, plus can use my stereo headset.

I keep bouncing back and forth between the Mogul and 700Wx. I can't quite get used to the sliding keyboard, but that was fixed, for the most part, by installing TouchPal keyboard. There is supposed to be a ROM update on 10/22 for the Mogul that addressess BT issues. We'll see if it actually materializes.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I have both the Mogul and a 700Wx. My Mogul's bluetooth was very choppy until I flashed it with the Alltel's ROM. Now the BT is good, but it sometimes won't wake up after using BT. This is a known issue and I don't think it's only with Alltel flashed Moguls. Like any other issues on devices, it's not happening to everyone.

I dropped Verizon's BT files on my 700Wx and now it sounds great with my JX10, plus can use my stereo headset.

I keep bouncing back and forth between the Mogul and 700Wx. I can't quite get used to the sliding keyboard, but that was fixed, for the most part, by installing TouchPal keyboard. There is supposed to be a ROM update on 10/22 for the Mogul that addressess BT issues. We'll see if it actually materializes.
    Yeah I've been reading up on the Mogul and have the Alltel rom waiting to be installed on it. I will wait and see if the update everyone has been talking about comes out in the next couple of weeks before flashing it with the Alltel rom. The update is supposed to activate GPS and EVDO Rev. A on the mogul also, but I wont hold my breathe on that. Well see. I am keeping my 700wx for the time being.

Does Sprint make it difficult to switch back and forth between the two? I loved having a sim card with nextel and being able to change phones on a regular basis. I work in engineering and construction so its nice to swap to a different phone when I am going to be out in the field or in the office. I would hate to break my Treo or Mogul while climbing around on a construction site.
    Teddy, Jetware did nothing for me either. Damn phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchblack98 View Post
    Yeah I've been reading up on the Mogul and have the Alltel rom waiting to be installed on it. I will wait and see if the update everyone has been talking about comes out in the next couple of weeks before flashing it with the Alltel rom. The update is supposed to activate GPS and EVDO Rev. A on the mogul also, but I wont hold my breathe on that. Well see. I am keeping my 700wx for the time being.

Does Sprint make it difficult to switch back and forth between the two? I loved having a sim card with nextel and being able to change phones on a regular basis. I work in engineering and construction so its nice to swap to a different phone when I am going to be out in the field or in the office. I would hate to break my Treo or Mogul while climbing around on a construction site.
    It's not hard to switch, but you do have to call customer service and do an ESN swap. If you get straight to a rep, it takes about 3-5 minutes to do the swap, but it can take an hour for voice and 4 hours for data to be transferred. That is what they will tell you. It has never taken more than 30 minutes for my voice and data to transfer. I have switched 4 or 5 times in the last month.

A sim card would be much simpler.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy2789 View Post
    I had the same problem...try http://www.jetwaremobile.com/ it fixed my problem, it works great w/pioneer
    teddy2789,

Thanks for the link. While Jet Ware has not solved the inherant problems with bluetooth and my 700wx, it has allowed me to finally get all my phone numbers from my 700wx onto my Garmin Nuvi 670.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau View Post
    teddy2789,

Thanks for the link. While Jet Ware has not solved the inherant problems with bluetooth and my 700wx, it has allowed me to finally get all my phone numbers from my 700wx onto my Garmin Nuvi 670.

Thanks,
    Tom
    I just got a Nuvi 680, is there a problem getting phone numbers to it from my 700wx? I have not tried yet, still reading the manual!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle View Post
    I just got a Nuvi 680, is there a problem getting phone numbers to it from my 700wx? I have not tried yet, still reading the manual!!!
    Nope. I've had the 680 since April, and the 700w since January. The address book won't copy to the 680 due to the limitations put into place by Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle View Post
    Well...

I would think you would have the same problem I did. ONLY the "Speed Dial" numbers will copy from my 700wx to my Garmin Nuvi 670!

I have spoken to Garmin about this issue and they claim that is due to the way Palm stores their numbers in the 700w. HOWEVER, after installing Jet Ware (and doing a soft reset) all my numbers transfer just fine!

Tom
    I have had nothing but problems after installing the update. People complain all the time about hearing me now. My earpiece also constantly connects and disconnects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolasco View Post
    I used to have a Treo700wx and I like the design, feel and features of it but I quit using it because of the bluetooth features did not work properly with my blue tooth devices. I tried several bluetooth headset and people reported they could not hear me loud enough. Also the treo did not work properly with my Pioneer Z2 car audio system. Palm just realeased an upgrade for the Treo 700wx bluetooth feature. Has anybody installed it and if so did it correct any of these problems , if anybody else had this problems? Can you hear loud enough with a blue tooth headset? I tried Jabra JX10 , Plantronics 640, Samsung and Motorola and had problems with all of them. I sure would go back to the Treo 700wx if these issues had been resolved. Thanks to anybody who takes time to give me an opinion.

yeah i upgraded my bluetooth now it supports a2dp for stereo support it's great! I use it with my jabra8010z
    Quote Originally Posted by nruby View Post
    yeah i upgraded my bluetooth now it supports a2dp for stereo support it's great! I use it with my jabra8010z
    What upgrade did you install. I'm trying to get my 700wx working with a2dp with no luck. i can't use the sprint update, cause that's not my carrier. I'm with Telus and Palm hasn't issued an upgrade for us Canadians.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast