1.    #1  
    Hi
    I recently left my job at a corporation where I would get my email on my Treowx. The ActiveSync is still trying to find the Exchange Server and I don't know how to delete it. It's making me crazy because it keeps asking for the password.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Jim
    KA1EUI
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1eui View Post
    Hi
    I recently left my job at a corporation where I would get my email on my Treowx. The ActiveSync is still trying to find the Exchange Server and I don't know how to delete it. It's making me crazy because it keeps asking for the password.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Jim
    KA1EUI

Go into activsync, select menu--options. "Exchange Server" should be highlighted. Select delete.
    On your Treo, open ActiveSync. Then press MENU and choose Options...

On the next screen you'll see "Exchange Server". Make sure it's highlighted and then click the Delete button.

Your other option is to press MENU and choose Configure Server. Then either choose another server or clear the existing server configuration.

Hope that helps.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Its good to see he's getting consistent advice.
  5.    #5  
    Hi all...thanks for the advice...but there is still a problem. I go to Active Sync and it immediately takes me to a screen called User Information. There is gives my domain (the old corporate one) and asks for my password. There is no menu option at the bottom of the screen. The only two choices are Done on the left and Cancel on the right
    It looks like a policy was applied to your Treo to prevent tampering with the ActiveSync configuration. (An option that many enterprise IT admins like to use to lock down system configs.)
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
  7.    #7  
    Is there a way around it?
    hard reset.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks everyone.....that's what I'll do. Now I"ve got to get to work writing down everyones phone numbers so that I can re enter them

thanks again
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    you might not have to write down all the contacts if you use the USB Cable and sync with outlook
    how do I Disable the Touchscreen call answer function?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=131454
    I would use one of the backup programs and back up your Treo to SD card, then hard reset. When you do your restore, restore everything except the Registry and be sure to turn the radio off so that your restored ActiveSync configuration doesn't redownload the security policy from your former employer's mail system.

While your Treo's radio is off, go into ActiveSync and remove the Exchange server as stated in the posts above. (You should be able to this time because the security policy won't be in place--since you didn't restore the Registry.)

This should save you from having to reinstall everything. You may have to re-enter some software registration codes (from any commercial software you installed), but otherwise you should be good to go.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 10/10/2007 at 07:27 PM.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint