1.    #1  
    A free SIM unlocker has been uploaded to xda-dev. A side benefit is that it installs a bootloader which allows for flashing unsigned code. This means cooked ROMs can now be loaded. I'm working on a cooked ROM now and will post more about it on xda-dev.

Have fun.
    Thx man..
    Here's the link to the thread for the uninitiated

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=334100
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Forgive my ignorance in advance. But after following all the steps necessary, I put a tmobile sim in my treo and can only make emergency calls. What gives?
  4.    #4  
    What version is displayed when you go into bootloader mode? (Hold the PTT/Windows Media button while pressing the reset button)

You should see an SPL version of 1.40.OliNex

If you've got that, there's still a chance the SIM unlock didn't complete successfully. In that case you'd want to run Step 2 and Step 3 again. You can bypass step 1 in the unlocker by clicking on the lower debug windows and hitting the "@" key.

Quote Originally Posted by weissdabigman View Post
    Forgive my ignorance in advance. But after following all the steps necessary, I put a tmobile sim in my treo and can only make emergency calls. What gives?
    looks like it didn't take. I'll try again tonight.
    It is a good news, although I purchased mine unlocked. We should see some modified ROM soon.

After making my ROM from treo 650 to HTC 8125, I feel a little bit bored now. Adding applications to ROM is not a good idea since new versions will be out. Removing garbage from treo 650 was fun but didn't really speed up the system or save too much space. Tweaking HTC 8125 was more interesting since the extended ROM can be modified to add a lot of good stuff without touching the ROM files.

I am not sure how much can we tweak Treo 750 ROM, excepting removing ATT garbage which we can already do it now. Maybe an antitheft program can be added into ROM in case those smart thiefs know how to hard reset but don't know how to flash a new ROM. Anyway, at least it makes the WM7 upgrade VERY possible.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I'd like to see TouchFlo cooked into the ROM
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Got it working last night. Pretty nice. It's funny before I did this, I would get an E for EDGE now a G.

Who knows?