Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    need help transfering contacts from treo 700wx to outlook. or is it that it must be done from outlook to treo.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    You can go both ways. Just use Active Sync.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    HOW ABOUT IF U HAVE wmdc FOR VISTA
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    thanks dimitri. i already had activesync installed from a previous device. there were no contacts to sync at that time. but now i have the treo 700 wx w/ WM5. when i synced , nothing happened. contacts did not upload to computer. if you can provide me with steps on how to i would greatly appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xman21 View Post
    thanks dimitri. i already had activesync installed from a previous device. there were no contacts to sync at that time. but now i have the treo 700 wx w/ WM5. when i synced , nothing happened. contacts did not upload to computer. if you can provide me with steps on how to i would greatly appreciate it.
    Don't feel bad, I had to do a recovery on my PC, and start from scratch, and now when I sync, I get everything crossing over to the PC but the contacts, I can't get them to sync to save my life. I spent hours on it last night to no avail!!!

Let's hope someone in here has got the solution!!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    did you guys try to click tools from the activesync menu > options > you should see a list of pcs if you have more than one pc or a listing of contacts, email, etc. - check off the contacts box, should work if i understood your problem correctly, do this after your phone has been connected....
    Quote Originally Posted by fiya View Post
    did you guys try to click tools from the activesync menu > options > you should see a list of pcs if you have more than one pc or a listing of contacts, email, etc. - check off the contacts box, should work if i understood your problem correctly, do this after your phone has been connected....
    That is the strange part with my problem...when I do that, contacts are greyed out and unable to be chosen on both the PC and the phone....strange.

I may have to live with a PIM backup file via SPB Backup from now on I guess!!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Delete the partnership on your phone. And on your PC if you need to. Then connect your phone to your PC. Make sure you are using Outlook 2003. It came on the CD with the phone. When active Sync starts up it will see no partnership and will bring up the wizard.
    I must have tried that 3 or 4 times last night...always the same results, I can't figure it out...there is nothing that will allow me to work with the contacts!!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Are you using Outlook 2003? If you are not then that is your issue.
    Yes I am, that is the version that came with the phone, so I figured I would stick with it, I will play around with it some more tonight!!
    HOw about if i have window vista & outlook 2007 how do i do that????