Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I've been playing "Bubble Buster" and "Solitair" for a while now and am getting bored. Does anyone have any links to games that are fun and compatible with this phone?
    THANKS!!
  2. xd1936's Avatar
    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    #2  
    Hmm... there's some here
    LongLivePalm
  3. #3  
    That's why I love these forums, everyone is so helpful.

    Try this link http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...archid=7207804

    Good luck.
  4.    #4  
    jphj44

    THANKS!! But it's dead.
  5. DevinF's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #5  
  6. #6  
    Are you an ex-PalmOS user? Looking for a Rally 1000 type game for WM5?

    Try out Rally.NET.

    http://code.google.com/p/rally-net/

  7. #7  
    Rally?

    Looks like Millebournes (sp?) to me.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoodisi View Post
    Are you an ex-PalmOS user? Looking for a Rally 1000 type game for WM5?

    Try out Rally.NET.

    http://code.google.com/p/rally-net/
    Oh wow, this is awesome, I'm a huge Rally 1000 fan. Too bad it requires .net cfw though...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi View Post
    Oh wow, this is awesome, I'm a huge Rally 1000 fan. Too bad it requires .net cfw though...
    Well I did some searches for ".NET Compact Framework" and found some downloads on Microsoft's site, but which one do I use?

    I tried downloading one version and the instaler was over 30MB. When I attempted to run it on my computer it said I already had another version installed. Does .NET Compact Framework install on both my PC and PPC?

    How big is this .NET Compact Framework?

    Is it worth while just to run Rally.NET.?

    Thanks,
    tom
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi View Post
    Oh wow, this is awesome, I'm a huge Rally 1000 fan. Too bad it requires .net cfw though...
    What's wrong with the Compact Framework?

    Performance? Load times are longer, but that's because the IML is compiled into native code. The native code gets executed, and that is as fast as "native" apps.

    Size? IML is actually smaller. Yes CF must be present but CF 1.0 comes preinstalled with the OS on WM5 and WM6 devices. CF 2.0 must be downloaded and installed, but it's footprint is barely over 1 meg.

    CF is Managed Code. Managed Code is safer and has more protections built-in (not quite a full sandbox, but close).

    Most of the animosity towards .Net Managed Code is due to incorrectly assuming it has the same issues as older interpereted languages, Java, or scripting languages. This is simply not the case.

    Look at DirectX, when it came out game developers avoided it because they felt is was slower than accessing the devices directly. Now all Windows games are DirectX.

    Managed code is here to stay, Sprint's 700WX even comes with a .Net app preinstalled, On Demand.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau View Post
    Well I did some searches for ".NET Compact Framework" and found some downloads on Microsoft's site, but which one do I use?

    I tried downloading one version and the instaler was over 30MB. When I attempted to run it on my computer it said I already had another version installed. Does .NET Compact Framework install on both my PC and PPC?

    How big is this .NET Compact Framework?
    Download from the URL I linked to on the home page.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

    This is to the download page for the Compact Framework v2.0 redistributable. Yes, it's 37megs but that is because this one download supports all versions of CF on multiple devices and CPUs.

    The actual CAB that get's transfered is 2.12 megs. It must be installed on the device (not the SD card). No harm if you install it to the SD card, it just get's transfered to the device the first time it is accessed.


    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau View Post
    Is it worth while just to run Rally.NET.?
    That's your call. As can be seen from a previous post there are many who don't want to install CF; why I personally can't fathom.

    CFv1.0 comes preinstalled on WM5 and WM6. CFv1.0 and v2.0 will come preinstalled on WM7 devices. CF is here to stay, more and more apps will appear.

    CF apps are less likely to bring down your OS if they go haywire, and are generally safer to run.

    I personally would feel much more comfortable running a third party app written in CF than one written in native code.

    But to each their own.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by goodguy8675309 View Post
    I've been playing "Bubble Buster" and "Solitair" for a while now and am getting bored. Does anyone have any links to games that are fun and compatible with this phone?
    THANKS!!
    astraware makes some pretty cool games.
    check out broken sword 2 knights of the templar. the graphics and sound result in a 200k game.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.

Posting Permissions