Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    my dad has the 755p and wants to buy one of those leather cases that have the magnetic clasp. We were just wondering if the magnet could harm the phone in anyway.. ie screen preformance...
    thanx in advance,
    -Devin
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    but keep the credit and debit cards away from magnets in speakers and holsters
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
    Those magnetic clasps don't hold tight at all. My palm fell right out and got all scuffed up. YMMV, but I would strongly recommend something stronger.

It's a shame too, because they are nice looking. Also, after about a month, the entire rotating beltclip pulled out of the back of the case and the case with Treo inside hit the ground. Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by davekidd View Post
    Those magnetic clasps don't hold tight at all. My palm fell right out and got all scuffed up. YMMV, but I would strongly recommend something stronger.

It's a shame too, because they are nice looking. Also, after about a month, the entire rotating beltclip pulled out of the back of the case and the case with Treo inside hit the ground. Nice.
    I had the same problem, but I like the case so much I fixed it up. I sewed on a piece of leather to make a belt loop, now it is very secure on my belt, and yet still can "swivel" to some degree (the belt loop is taller than the belt, so it can move). This fixes the problem I've had with ANY belt clip - they ALL have broken, sooner or later. I think I put too much strain on them or something

Next step is to add a little hook on some elastic material - just enough to ensure that the cover cannot come open accidentally.
    Hi all,

I have this case. Works real well. In addition to the magnetic closure, it also has a recessed hole in the magnet which allows the clasp to "snap" together. Nearly impossible for the phone to fall out, but easy to unsnap to answer a call.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Why would a person use the magnetic closure pointing downwards? that's the only way I can think of that the magnetic closure would open and the phone would "drop out". I mean seriously, you can't think that perhaps a phone case should be facing upwards and NOT downwards?

I think the only person you should blame for the phone getting scuffed up is you.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
    Why would a person use the magnetic closure pointing downwards? that's the only way I can think of that the magnetic closure would open and the phone would "drop out". I mean seriously, you can't think that perhaps a phone case should be facing upwards and NOT downwards?

I think the only person you should blame for the phone getting scuffed up is you.
    Actually I have a case from Verizon that is a leather pouch with a magnet to hold the flap closed. And if I have to start running for some reason I hold my case closed so it doesn't fly open and my phone fall out. This is a common problem that I am sure many people have had. Basically the answer is no, it the magnet won't hurt your phone but other things can. Make sure you pick a descent case and not just some cheap piece of sh**. And as for the one I bought from Verizon, I have had it since the Treo 700w came out and it is still working great.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post

Well, thanks for assuming I'm an *****... however, sometimes when you are sitting in your car and you get out, these things swivel. Also, they become loose over time and turn upside down on their own without you noticing. I happened to be riding my motorcycle to work this particular day, and everytime I stopped I checked to make sure the case was upright. As I was getting off the bike at work, it had tilted downward and fell out.

You could consider that "user error" if you wish, but I'd prefer a case that didn't turn upside down on a semi-active person, and also a flap that stays closed even if it does happen to swivel upside down.

./dave/
    Quote Originally Posted by davekidd View Post

depends. I have the body glove case and the clasp is incredibly strong. I could shake it and it won't come out.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I bought a cheap and I mean cheap $5 case from a guy on the street (I live in NYC), with a magnetic closure, the case is probably a reiko or something like that. it has belt loops and a clip on the case. Not once has the magnet "flipped open" no matter what I've done. Somehow I think you've got a cheap case.

If you're worried about a case "flipping around" why would you wear it after the first time it did that? Why not a case with belt loops, clip? Neither one "flips over".
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I have the black model of this case: http://www.saunders-usa.com/rhinoski...d=10&model=261

It has a very reliable magnetic clasp. The case itself is very sturdy. I notice no performance issues with my phone, even though it's in the case 24/7, with the magnet millimeters away from the screen.

I got it for $5 on ebay including shipping, so you may want to look there.