Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I have been unsuccessful in getting my Treo 750 to sync with my exchange server at work.. i have done some more research on it and I think it might have to do with a cert that i need to load on my device, I just went and downloaded the same cert (bought at godaddy) that we are using for SSL on the Exchange Server. Now i have two files a .p7b and a .crt.... How do I get them loaded on my device (WM5) and try to sync again..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckyD View Post
    I have been unsuccessful in getting my Treo 750 to sync with my exchange server at work.. i have done some more research on it and I think it might have to do with a cert that i need to load on my device, I just went and downloaded the same cert (bought at godaddy) that we are using for SSL on the Exchange Server. Now i have two files a .p7b and a .crt.... How do I get them loaded on my device (WM5) and try to sync again..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    The cert should have a uninstall program. You take install program and load onto the 750. Take the cert and load onto the phone. When both have been loaded turn on you Treo, go to Windows Explorer, find the cert file, select it, it will ask if you want to install the cert, select yes and the installation will begin.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    what install program does this?
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    well after some time with Palm on the phone they were able to tell me that the .crt I had from GoDaddy was not compatible with the device so they had me make a .cer (X.509 encoded?) certificate file with it, sync it to the device and click it, then it all worked fine, it asked me to install, etc..

everything I found on the net about the .cer vs. .crt said Base64 encoding, so that kinda threw me off because i tried making an XML file with the Base 64 stuff in it, etc.. all that fun stuff from searching google
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckyD View Post
    well after some time with Palm on the phone they were able to tell me that the .crt I had from GoDaddy was not compatible with the device so they had me make a .cer (X.509 encoded?) certificate file with it, sync it to the device and click it, then it all worked fine, it asked me to install, etc..

everything I found on the net about the .cer vs. .crt said Base64 encoding, so that kinda threw me off because i tried making an XML file with the Base 64 stuff in it, etc.. all that fun stuff from searching google
    Godo job but it seems like it took alot of work.
    Are you trying to hurt me?