Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wanted to give an update on my speeds; they BLOW! Today I've been getting about an average of 110kbps, slowest logged was 92kbps. This is unacceptable as we don't have a toy (iphone) hogging up bandwidth like people are experiencing over at AT&T. I was planning on starting a thread to get a poll on what people are getting speed wise but I'm currently typing this thread on my phone. Another thing I noticed on the DSL reports mobile speed test results was that sprint;s overall speeds are very low and that some AT&T users are getting some of the highest speeds. EVDO was one of the reasons why I have stuck with sprint but if they aren't any higher than EDGE, what's the point in staying. If you can, can you guys please post your speed results; good for comparison and good for proof to sprint that something is wrong.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    Wow, things have gone from bad, to very bad, to even worse.

After a full year of pretty consistent 700-800kbps with occasional highs in the 1mbit range, today I'm seeing roughly 50-80kbps and it dips as low as 24kbps.

This is with http://dslreports.com/mspeed and testing with different file sizes.
    I've also tried this with http://www.mobilespeedtest.com, but that takes forever since it uses a 1MB download.

I've seen a number of people with Sprint post this issue on various forums, so we aren't the only ones noticing this...
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I'm in miami and getting when I start 8kbs then I shoot to 45 then mid 70s by then the page is usually done if not then I can hit 300s if it takes awhile like to load veoh and such sites...
    (though today I was downloading a large file and while downloading my browse speed hit 2613) but I can't say I haven't been wondering how is eveyone claiming 700s & 800s why am I starting at 8 !
    Quote Originally Posted by LbSigMan View Post
    Wanted to give an update on my speeds; they BLOW! Today I've been getting about an average of 110kbps, slowest logged was 92kbps. This is unacceptable as we don't have a toy (iphone) hogging up bandwidth like people are experiencing over at AT&T. I was planning on starting a thread to get a poll on what people are getting speed wise but I'm currently typing this thread on my phone. Another thing I noticed on the DSL reports mobile speed test results was that sprint;s overall speeds are very low and that some AT&T users are getting some of the highest speeds. EVDO was one of the reasons why I have stuck with sprint but if they aren't any higher than EDGE, what's the point in staying. If you can, can you guys please post your speed results; good for comparison and good for proof to sprint that something is wrong.
    LbSigMan, if you aren't running the latest PRL you might want to update it.

This morning I was getting 50-80kbps, I went ahead and updated from PRL 20226 to 20229 and then did a soft reset. It did NOT seem to have an immediate effect, but about an hour later now I am back in the 500kbps range for the first time since last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinF View Post
    I'm in miami and getting when I start 8kbs then I shoot to 45 then mid 70s by then the page is usually done if not then I can hit 300s if it takes awhile like to load veoh and such sites...
    (though today I was downloading a large file and while downloading my browse speed hit 2613) but I can't say I haven't been wondering how is eveyone claiming 700s & 800s why am I starting at 8 !
    Lol, I think you are looking at the "kilobytes downloaded" statistic, not the speed

Use http://dslreports.com/mspeed to test your download speed.
    Well they must of fixed something because as of 8:14am California time, I just did a speed test and got 744kbps. This is what I use to always get. I've had the 20229 prl since the day I upgraded to 1.15.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    Yeah I thought it was funny that the PRL update did not have an immediate effect, guess it was just a coincidence.

Tested this morning and clocked in at 947kbps!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Lol, I think you are looking at the "kilobytes downloaded" statistic, not the speed

Use http://dslreports.com/mspeed to test your download speed.
    Yikes, well isn't that embarrassing lol. ok so I tired the one mg and got 436 and 563 again in miami.
    (so what is the bar on bottem and what's the difference between it and this test) sorry for the stupidity... I just got this device but I'm trying lol
    thanx for all your help...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12