1.    #1  
    Hi all. Wasn't sure where to put this post, so hopefully it's in the right place.

I run a MacBook Pro at home (and for some business), syncing with Entourage, and need a phone that will work well with Exchange for office email, appointments, and contacts. I have several accessories to outfit a Treo 750 (software also), but see lots of people around the company toting Blackberries. I have a Palm background, have dabbled a bit with WM, and NEVER used a Blackberry.

I'm looking for thoughts, ideas, suggestions, opinions, etc. from anyone out there using a 750 w/ Exchange server (is it painful?), or using a Blackberry, or maybe even used both! Thanks in advance.
    Palm since Palm Professional --- Treo 650 (2 yrs), iPhone since 6/29/07
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri Guy View Post
    Hi all. Wasn't sure where to put this post, so hopefully it's in the right place.

I run a MacBook Pro at home (and for some business), syncing with Entourage, and need a phone that will work well with Exchange for office email, appointments, and contacts. I have several accessories to outfit a Treo 750 (software also), but see lots of people around the company toting Blackberries. I have a Palm background, have dabbled a bit with WM, and NEVER used a Blackberry.

I'm looking for thoughts, ideas, suggestions, opinions, etc. from anyone out there using a 750 w/ Exchange server (is it painful?), or using a Blackberry, or maybe even used both! Thanks in advance.
    I'm using a 750 with Exchange Server and at first getting it setup was painful b/c my 750 didn't have the cert that the Ex Serv had so the IT folks had to send me a copy of the cert so that I could install on my phone. Once I did that it's been nothing but bliss. I got my 750 in Aug and early Sept is when I finally got it setup to work with Exchange which took some prodding of the IT dept on my part. I'm in an organization where the leadership uses BBs but more and more people in the org have Treos so that is why our IT dept went ahead and decided to get off their a*sses and get the Treos syncing with Exchange.

Disclaimer: I've never used a BB before. I've only seen leadership staff use them.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I'm using a 750 with Exchange Server and at first getting it setup was painful b/c my 750 didn't have the cert that the Ex Serv had so the IT folks had to send me a copy of the cert so that I could install on my phone. Once I did that it's been nothing but bliss. I got my 750 in Aug and early Sept is when I finally got it setup to work with Exchange which took some prodding of the IT dept on my part. I'm in an organization where the leadership uses BBs but more and more people in the org have Treos so that is why our IT dept went ahead and decided to get off their a*sses and get the Treos syncing with Exchange.

Disclaimer: I've never used a BB before. I've only seen leadership staff use them.
    Playboy, thanks for your response. I'm leaning more and more toward a WM device, whether it be the 750 or the new Tilt. I have some past history with WM and none at all with Blackberry. I'm leaning toward the WM platform because of the plethora of 3rd party apps out there and the ability to customize the device. Thanks again for your input and happy Treoing!
    Palm since Palm Professional --- Treo 650 (2 yrs), iPhone since 6/29/07