1.    #1  
    Just got my AT&T Treo 750 2 days ago, have not been able to put it down.

I just got DUN working through the USB cable (took: PALM_USBMDM.INF, *99#). Get about 200 kilo bits per sec (had the big ugly "U" on the top bar signifying UMTS, right?)

I'm new to the UTMS/GSM/EDGE world as I just came over from Verizon where I could tether via bluetooth on my E815 at EVDO speeds no problem...

I'd like to get faster speeds on my Treo, I'd also like to use BlueTooth to connect. I've been searching for a while, and I find no consensus on the method to achieve my goals.

Any search keywords or thread links you would care to share?
    Not to invade your thread.... but would you be so kind as to list the steps you took to get it working via USB? I have installed the PALM_USBMDM.INF driver (I think) but that's it. I have opened Modem Link and activated the profile but nothing happens. I should note that I do not have anything listed in the "Access Point Name" portion of the Modem Link screen. Is this a problem? I've seen elsewhere that it should read wap.cingular.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    Just got my AT&T Treo 750 2 days ago, have not been able to put it down.

I just got DUN working through the USB cable (took: PALM_USBMDM.INF, *99#). Get about 200 kilo bits per sec (had the big ugly "U" on the top bar signifying UMTS, right?)
    The 750 with wm5 is the worst wireless modem I tried in 9 years of mobile internet usage.

Do the right thing: ugrade to wm6,and enjoy! You'll get an almost good modem, and the configuration is simpler: no DUN over USB, no DUN over BT, no stupid inf, no cryptic modem strings, but ICS (internet connection sharing) over USB and PAN (personal area network) over BT.

No drivers needed, just activesync and/or the BT stack (even the M$ one)

In few words, just push a button and plug a cable (if you ar using USB) or push a button on the treo and click an icon on the PC (if you are using the BT) to establish a reasonably stable and fast connection.
    Last edited by The Solutor; 10/26/2007 at 03:48 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    Not to invade your thread.... but would you be so kind as to list the steps you took to get it working via USB? I have installed the PALM_USBMDM.INF driver (I think) but that's it. I have opened Modem Link and activated the profile but nothing happens. I should note that I do not have anything listed in the "Access Point Name" portion of the Modem Link screen. Is this a problem? I've seen elsewhere that it should read wap.cingular.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I just used the instruction on the palm web site
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/DUN/index.html
    and created a new connection using the wizard on the XP machine. I used he phone number *99# and the user/pass none/none...