1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there is a program out there that will automatically turn off the ringer and vibrator for ALL alerts after and before certain predetermined hours.

I sleep with my Treo 700wx on the night stand next to me and, although I DO turn off the ringer switch, I still often here the unit vibrating as emails come in during the night.

I'd rather NOT turn off the phone. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
    Tom

Honestly! REALLY! I did a search but did not come up with anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau View Post
    I was wondering if there is a program out there that will automatically turn off the ringer and vibrator for ALL alerts after and before certain predetermined hours.

I sleep with my Treo 700wx on the night stand next to me and, although I DO turn off the ringer switch, I still often here the unit vibrating as emails come in during the night.

I'd rather NOT turn off the phone. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
    Tom

Honestly! REALLY! I did a search but did not come up with anything.
    this might help (if you wanna drop 20 bux)

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...nshots.html?en
  3.    #3  
    I appreciate the reccomendation, and that would probabaly work, however I was hoping for something "simple" that shut down ALL audible and vibrating timers with just one "universal" schedule.

Tom
    I am not sure how 'simple' it is, but I just noticed this one yesterday:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=153648
    Why not just change the schedule for when emails are being received. I have mine stop between 10 pm and 6 am.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    how do you change the schedules? went to delivery pref but its not there?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by makersforme View Post
    Why not just change the schedule for when emails are being received. I have mine stop between 10 pm and 6 am.
    You can only do that if you're using exchange. You can't schedule with pop or imap email.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Isn't there a way of making email an 'on-demand' type deal? I have my gmail as a POP account, and I only receive mail when I click on send/receive.

Would that help?
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    Isn't there a way of making email an 'on-demand' type deal? I have my gmail as a POP account, and I only receive mail when I click on send/receive.

Would that help?
    yes, but then it only comes when you hit send receive and who is going to want to do that every 15 minutes?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    True.....I didn't know if that would be feasable for him. That is the way I do it, but I know a lot of people use their mail on the phone a LOT more than I do LOL. I should start thinking about using it more though, I am slowly being sucked into the 'Power-user' realm (don't let me fool you, I am loving it)!!!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Try phone alarm
    www.pocketmax.net
  12.    #12  
    Thanks guys for all the suggestions.

Currently I am "trying out" Spb Phone Suite. It is much more than I need, and the size is larger than I'd like (1.1mb), but it seems to do pretty much what I need.

I especially like that it integrates well with the other Spb programs I have. In fact I am using it as a "plug in" to Spb Pocket Plus. Used in this mannor, it does NOT take up any more space on my "Today" screen. It seems quite good!

Anyone know how to get it to silence not only the "ringer", but also the "vibrator"? I currently have my phone set to ALWAYS vibrate regardless off the mechanical switch position. As a result, I am not able to stop the vibration using the "timer" mode in Spb Phone Suite when a call comes in.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I use SBSH PhoneWeaver, similar to Phone Suite.
    Pilot 1000>Palm Pilot>Palm IIIx>Visor Prism>Toshiba e310>Toshiba e740>PPC-6700>Treo 700wx
    <a href="http://www.xianfox.com">xianfox.com</a>
    Doesnt Treo Alert let you do this?
  15.    #15  
    I started out trying Treo Alerts, and it is TERRIFIC! However, best I can tell, Treo Alerts does NOT prevent the phone from ringing or vibrating in the middle of the night (even when the timer is activated), not does it stop email and Text Message Alerts. If I'm wrong, someone please let me know.

Thanks,
    Tom
  16.    #16  
    Well, I'm trying out Spb Phone Suite, and it seems to be working out for me. However, this program has LOTS OF BUGS, but in time it is likely to become a terrific program. Hopefully an update is forthcoming.

Tom