1.    #1  
    Possibly a dumb question, quick search didn't turn up anything obvious...

I wanna create a shortcut on the today screen that does a soft reset. Is something similar to PC available, where for a reboot button you can make a shortcut with "shutdown.exe -r -t 00". Can i do something similar for Treo 700WX?

I would similarly like to make a shortcut button, or map side button, to "Stop All"...doable?

Thanks
    I use Magic Button for the soft reset. It puts an icon on the top line.
    There are icons like that included in some Today apps...like SPB Pocket Plus, and MobileShell, and I am sure more, I use the MobileShell soft-reset shortcut all the time....much easier than dismantling the phone LOL!!!!

P.S. but then again.....Magic Button IS free!!!!
    To "stop all" press and hold the OK button. This opens the Running Programs tab in Settings. From here you can view the running programs, and there is a Stop All button.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoodisi View Post
    To "stop all" press and hold the OK button. This opens the Running Programs tab in Settings. From here you can view the running programs, and there is a Stop All button.
    Aware of this...i want to map the side button so when i hold it it's the equivalent of "stop all".

Didn't know about the Magic Button app, i'll have to take a look at it. I'm assuming all these apps like Magic Button and Spb Plus (have it but wanted to uninstall it) are just making a system call. I wanted to do the same with a shortcut and a switch like i said in my original post. Anyone aware if this can be done?
    Here's a simple program for soft reset which you can map to a button if you wish.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ^^ In your .zip file, do we use the cab with 2002 or the cab with 2003, or both?
    Treo 700wx
    HTC HOME PLUGIN | THREADED SMS