1.    #1  
    I've searched and had no luck. I'm trying to pair the TomTom 6 software with the Freedom Mini GPS unit. Under the TT6 configuration, I select "Other Bluetooth GPS receiver" and the choices for connection are:
    Serial on USB
    QCT data interface
    Com3
    Com2
    Com9
    BT UART on Com5
    Com1

I've tried all of these with no luck ("No GPS device"). The weird thing is that when I open LiveSearch, the GPS pairs without any necessary configuration and works fine.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Edit: Well, I got it working - not sure if it was restarting the treo or restarting the GPS device, but Com0 appeared and now its working.
    Last edited by zedlebowski; 10/04/2007 at 03:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I can't offer any advice, but I wonder - have you been able to get TomTom to pair with any GPS? Could it be particularly picky about what it pairs with?

I'm looking at the Mini myself. I have a TomTom receiver, but actually been using it for TomTom5 for the PalmOS before I switched a couple of weeks ago to the wx. I did try syncing it to Google Maps and it works fine that way, but I don't have TomTom (5 or 6) for Windows Mobile, so I can't test ANY GPS with that...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I don't know about TomTom but I just now hooked one up to my cell phone.

On WM I set the paired the Freedom GPS to the phone and checked 'use serial port'

I then set the hardware port to 4

I went into the GPS settings and set hardware port to 4, software to 2, baud rate to 57600.

I went into Windows Live and set software port to 2

The orange light will flash on the Freedom GPS when it is talking to satellites. I'll post directions on my blog tomorrow as well.

Not sure if these will help you with TomTom or not but it may enlighten you to your problem at least.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ljcobb View Post
    I don't know about TomTom but I just now hooked one up to my cell phone.

On WM I set the paired the Freedom GPS to the phone and checked 'use serial port'

I then set the hardware port to 4

I went into the GPS settings and set hardware port to 4, software to 2, baud rate to 57600.

I went into Windows Live and set software port to 2

The orange light will flash on the Freedom GPS when it is talking to satellites. I'll post directions on my blog tomorrow as well.

Not sure if these will help you with TomTom or not but it may enlighten you to your problem at least.
    Very helpful - Thanks! (I have a 750 with WM6 and am using Google Maps)
    Hi,

I'm the technical manager of Freedom Input and to my shame have only just found out treocentral have a forum!

The process is pretty much exactly as jcobb describes it. The problem comes in when different navigation software want so use different COM ports or settings. I have written more in depth instructions for connecting to a WM05/06 PPC which explain the process but depending on the software you might need to try different combinations of COM ports or using/not using the External GPS manager built into Windows.

Unfortunately I don't have access to much WM PPC navigation software so cant offer any pointers as to the best settings for each application.

Detailed instructions:
    http://freedom.helpserve.com/index.p...nloaditemid=87

I think for zedlebowski it might just be a case that you need to set the GPS unit to use one of the COM ports (try port 9 or port 5 first). The details on how to do this are in the instructions.

I'm very interested in hearing any user feedback but might not be able to check the forums regularly but if anyone wants to PM me I will do me best to get back to you ASAP.
    Last edited by Paul Bowles; 11/23/2007 at 06:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Here are my BT settings. I have mine set on COM4 and its a HOLUS BT device but they all pretty much work the same. Then in TomTom I have it set to COM4. Works like a charm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #7  
    Thanks all - I did indeed get it working using the settings described. Unfortunately I updated to Sprint 1.15 (see other post) and that was the end of that.
    Hey I have firmware SPRINT 1.14 on my Treo 700wx. Do i need to install Hanips BT stack for the GPS to work? Thinking about getting the Holux m1200 or Globalsat BT-359 (torn between getting a GPS with MTK or SiRF)
    I am using the keychain with Navigator on my 700p. It worked great for a week but now it could take 10+ minutes to synch. Sometimes less. They are both full charged. Any thoughts on why it signal got degredaded? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by princealyy View Post
    Hey I have firmware SPRINT 1.14 on my Treo 700wx. Do i need to install Hanips BT stack for the GPS to work? Thinking about getting the Holux m1200 or Globalsat BT-359 (torn between getting a GPS with MTK or SiRF)
    i have the holux m1200 and 1.15 firmware and i have no problems with tomtom nav 6 . the gps receiver paired easily with my 700wx . never had it when i was 1.14 so i couldnt help you there ... but i can tell you the holux m1200 is a good device