1.    #1  
    I'm on my 2nd Treo, I started about 2 years ago with a 650 now im up to a 700wx. My question is what makes a person a power user? I use my 700 as a phone mostly, I send alot of text messages and a few pix mail. When I am away from home or my office, I use it to check all my email. When i am bored i will use it do access the internet, I take a few pictures/videos, I play games on it, I have used it for google mapping, for directions through live search, but I don't consider myself a power user. I can go all day on 30% battery, If i forgot it home one day the world wouldn't end. What makes a person a "power user"? I hear the term thrown about everyday, I was just unclear on what it truely meant. So I guess my question is what makes "you" a "power user"?
    Good Question....

To me, a "power user" uses all aspects of the Treo (default apps and add on software) for business and personal use everyday.

Also, a "power user" should be completely familiar with the OS on whatever devise they use. Palm or Windows.

I think some that claim to be "power users", end up installing some software and screw their Treo up. The Treo acts up and now it's a piece of junk. Part of being a "power user" should come with the ability to trouble shoot and fix what the problem is, after the user induced the problems.

I use 5k minutes plus...
    Use 11-14k texts per month...
    Have memorized most of the reg edits and tweaks...
    Can hard reset on the fly and be up and running in thirty minutes...

And I carry three batteries.
    WinMo Veteran: Typhoon, Wallaby, Wizard, Hurricane, Tornado, Apache, Treo 700wx...

Reg edits are like haircuts... Best done by someone who knows what they're doing!
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrinChilers View Post
    My question is what makes a person a power user?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_user
    I am watching my slingbox over HSDPA and listening via A2DP while browsing this forum and receiving push e-mail and a phone call. Do I qualify?

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I am watching my slingbox over HSDPA and listening via A2DP while browsing this forum and receiving push e-mail and a phone call. Do I qualify?

Surur
    Qualify as board with nothing to do. I don't think leisure application counts IMHO. I don't doubt for any moment you are a power user Surur. I just find alot of members to be ones who use any excuse to play with their devices. Making my Treo a remote control for my TV doesn't make me a power user...it means I need to get a life and realize their is more to it than smartphones. Power user should be a classification as to getting as much out of your devices capabilities to make it a powerful tool in managing business and life and if you want to play being a bonus.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Qualify as board with nothing to do.
    Well, I was waiting for my daughter to finish at the hairdressers

I don't think leisure application counts IMHO. I don't doubt for any moment you are a power user Surur. I just find alot of members to be ones who use any excuse to play with their devices. Making my Treo a remote control for my TV doesn't make me a power user...it means I need to get a life and realize their is more to it than smartphones. Power user should be a classification as to getting as much out of your devices capabilities to make it a powerful tool in managing business and life and if you want to play being a bonus.
    I think you can be a power user in many aspects of anything. A secretary may be a power outlook user, and a regular media user may be a power iPod Touch user. I think its just all about being in that top 5% of users who really push their device, be it for work or leisure.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Well, I was waiting for my daughter to finish at the hairdressers

I think you can be a power user in many aspects of anything. A secretary may be a power outlook user, and a regular media user may be a power iPod Touch user. I think its just all about being in that top 5% of users who really push their device, be it for work or leisure.

Surur
    I can't argue with that.
    at&t iPhone3G
    IMO the power user is the road warrior type with 150 messages in/out per day, 3 hours+ of calling, 3 hours + of device usage. This person might make it all day with an extended battery.
    I'm wondering, in the whole scheme of things... what does it matter what the definition of a power user is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    I'm wondering, in the whole scheme of things... what does it matter what the definition of a power user is?
    Since Power Users are typically more demanding for advanced capabilities in a device, it is important to know: 1. what a power user is and 2. how many people can be classified as such.

Depending on how you define it, power users might make up only a tiny percentage of the user base for a device or could constitute a larger number of people. So it's important for device makers to know. That way they'll know whether or not to pay attention to them.

It's all about numbers and money. Device maker asks him/herself: "Are there enough power users out there to justify putting in this power feature?" A hard question to answer if no one agrees on what a power user is.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.