1.    #1  
    Not sure why this happened - but until very recently my SPB Diary was never cut off at the bottom. I have it set to what it was always set to: 120 w/ Auto-height adjusting. Any ideas how I can get rid of that bar at the bottom that is circled?

Thanks!
    I am no expert, but it looks like you have some sort of a task bar going there. I know a reg editor (PMH I think) uses one as well as a few other apps (IM for one). I would look in the Today settings to make sure only the items you want to see are checked, and if that checks out, do a soft-reset....if my guess is correct, that should get rid of the bar on the bottom (until you run the app that created it in the firts place that is)!!!

Let me know if that was it, or if we need to brainstorm some more!!!! Good luck!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I am no expert, but it looks like you have some sort of a task bar going there. I know a reg editor (PMH I think) uses one as well as a few other apps (IM for one). I would look in the Today settings to make sure only the items you want to see are checked, and if that checks out, do a soft-reset....if my guess is correct, that should get rid of the bar on the bottom (until you run the app that created it in the firts place that is)!!!

Let me know if that was it, or if we need to brainstorm some more!!!! Good luck!
    Yeah I tried that and even removed everything off the Today Screen and did a soft reset. I have never see this before - and have had my 700w for almost 20 months. All I have running on the Today Screen is:

hidelogo
    WP-Pilot
    WeatherPanel
    Spb Diary
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
    Yeah I tried that and even removed everything off the Today Screen and did a soft reset. I have never see this before - and have had my 700w for almost 20 months. All I have running on the Today Screen is:

hidelogo
    WP-Pilot
    WeatherPanel
    Spb Diary
    On the order of your today plugins, is WP pilot directly above WP?
    That was my thought as well!! If the Pilot is directly above WP, I am thinking the dreaded hard reset may be your last chance before an exchange (at least as far as my knowledge goes, but a lot of the guys in here are geniuses compared to me!!!!).
  6.    #6  
    That was my thought as well!! If the Pilot is directly above WP, I am thinking the dreaded hard reset may be your last chance before an exchange (at least as far as my knowledge goes, but a lot of the guys in here are geniuses compared to me!!!!).
    WP-Pilot is above WP. The Readme states to put it either above or below WeatherPanel. it's always been there since since version 1 of WP-Pilot and I've never seen this bar at the bottom. Should I move it down below WP?
    That is the only thig I can think of. Where is the hidelogo? I usually place it on the bottom, I really don't think it should matter though. I would also check under memory settings and see if you have any other apps running in the background that may be interfering with the screen settings.

Two other quick things...do you have a backup app (sprite, SPB....)?

Also, I would disable all your Today plug-ins so it is basically a blank page, and enable them one by one to see what happens, maybe they will all just come back naturally!!
  8.    #8  
    That is the only thig I can think of. Where is the hidelogo? I usually place it on the bottom, I really don't think it should matter though. I would also check under memory settings and see if you have any other apps running in the background that may be interfering with the screen settings.

Two other quick things...do you have a backup app (sprite, SPB....)?

Also, I would disable all your Today plug-ins so it is basically a blank page, and enable them one by one to see what happens, maybe they will all just come back naturally!!
    I've done that but you can't see if the bar is there or not unless you enable some plug-ins as it blends in with the background. I do have Sprite Backup and I might have to go ahead and revert to see if that helps...
    Nothing running in the background except ActiveSync...oh well...
    The only other thing I can think of is if you have a previous backup that did NOT have that line, do a hard reset and restore. If not, then you may have to start from scratch.....sorry!!
  10.    #10  
    The only other thing I can think of is if you have a previous backup that did NOT have that line, do a hard reset and restore. If not, then you may have to start from scratch.....sorry!!
    I do as it just appeared the other day - and my backup is from over a month ago...may have to go that route....thanks!
    It's definitely NOT a today plugin. That bar shows up when an icon is put there, some I can think of offhand are vgsmail, pdanet, and VZW Wireless Sync. I think I had the same problem before, I had uninstalled Wireless Sync and the bar never went away. VERY annoying, esp when real estate is so limited on the Treo
    Maybe do a reinstall of Diary.