1.    #1  
    So i know there have been a couple threads about this but i just wanted to see if my speeds are the same as others. It seems mine is a little slow.

if i go to www.dslreports.com/mspeed and click on 100k

it says i get

64kbit/sec
    1.839s latency
    14.195s d/l time

what are some others that use tmobile getting? using dslreports?
    Granted I am on ATT but even with my 650 which was only EDGE capable I always got about 100k I think and when I switched to the 750 I would get about 150k on EDGE, now with HSDPA I consistenly get 700-800k.

60k vs. 100k may not sound like much but it is almost twice as fast and you will notice a huge difference.

Also, there are a few tweaks you can find to help speed up your connection. One allows more simultaneous connections. You should also disable a proxy server if T Mobile uses one. I know their network does not have 3G (UMTS), but this is still too slow.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  3.    #3  
    mhm maybe it could be because my SIM card is about 2 years old???

is t-crap planning on coming out with 3G
  4.    #4  
    anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by th3godf4th3r View Post
    is t-crap planning on coming out with 3G
    They are coming out with a 3g network, but your 750 will not work on it. They had the wisdom of coming out with a 3g network that works on a different frequency than most GSM providers. Thus, you must buy special phones that will only work on their 3g network.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6.    #6  
    ugh that is what is tempting me to switch to at&t
    Unfortunately the speed you saw is not atypical for T-Mo. I get anywhere from low 60s to low 90s (just 83 kbit testing now). You may want to call them and ask for the PDA / Data group and see if they will test the network in your location. I was getting mid 30s to mid 60s and called them. They found something wrong, because the sppeds are a lot better now (but, like I said still range from mid 60s to low 90s)
  8.    #8  
    yeah i might have to do that, im jsut contemplating switching anyway because some places i go t-mobile doesnt get any service and att does but in some places its the other way around and im figuring out which places i will be in more.

a big plus for t-mobile though is that i only pay about $50-60 a month after taxes and with att ill be paying about $80-90
  9.    #9  
    does at&t check the data usage? could i get a cheap data plan with say like 1mb of data and be able to get away with it?
  10.    #10  
    well i got cingular and put the SIM card into my Ubiquio 501 when i first got it and i only was getting about 50kb then i put it in my 750 and it went up to 100kb. im not in a 3g area but i have full reception so i thought it would be a little faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by th3godf4th3r View Post
    well i got cingular and put the SIM card into my Ubiquio 501 when i first got it and i only was getting about 50kb then i put it in my 750 and it went up to 100kb. im not in a 3g area but i have full reception so i thought it would be a little faster.
    I believe the fastest I ever got in non 3G area with my 750 was about 150k, with my 650 about 100k and I think both were fairly consistent. Not sure why the 750 seemed to handle downloads faster but I tried the speed test enough on my 650 to feel confident my 750 was about 50% faster--could have been hardware, software or maybe signal strength although I would be surprised if an antenna less 750 would get a better signal than a 650 with an antenna.

As for the data plans, consensus on here seems to be to get the $19.95 media max unlimited plan that is not supposed to work for a 750. ATT wants you to get a PDA plan which cost much more but the network does not seem to differentiate. Select that data plan on line so you can avoid the sales rep asking too many questions. I have been using this plan for at least 2-3 years with no problems on my current 750 or prior 650.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  12.    #12  
    ok ill change my plan today, this is what i have now:

MEdia(TM) Works w/Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Messaging
    UNLIMITED Mobile to Mobile Messaging & 1500 Text, Video, Picture, Instant Messages (5 cents/add'l) & 5MB MEdia™ Net
    I got
    100 kbit/sec
    1.071s lat
    9.014 dl

and then
    108 kbit/sec
    1.169s lat
    8.417 dl

and finally
    106 kbit/sec
    1.552s lat
    9.03 dl

Not too shabby.
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Select that data plan on line so you can avoid the sales rep asking too many questions. I have been using this plan for at least 2-3 years with no problems on my current 750 or prior 650.
    Same here. I tell all my friends to use that plan and it works fine for em all.
    depressing. I'm here in Mexicali using a treo 680 on telcel and I'm getting 115k-150k.
    Here is the latest:
    117 kbit/sec
    1.729s latency
    8.54s d/l time.again.

Wake up Tmobile.
    So just when IS T-Mobile releasing 3G??? It's 2008 almost and NO 3G from T-Mobile.

Now ATT is just cleaning up in the 3G market and that's not necessarily a good thing!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    What's even worse is that when Tmobile releases 3g- our treo750 won't work on that carrier if we want 3g. GRRR.
    Lance
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    What possessed them to do the 1700 bit??? They piggy back off of the 1900 band so why not just do the same for 3G?

I heard something them being 1700/2100, is that true? 2100 might work, maybe, because lots of phones have 2100. But I also read it won't work at all due to the 1700 band being needed to go along with it. So what's the truth?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Interesting. After wm6 upgrade, I tried it and at 100kbs, it said too fast, please choose a bigger file.

SO I chose 200lbs
    I got
    104 kbit/sec
    2.5 s lat
    17.14 dl

and then
    96 kbit/sec
    1.5s lat
    18.7 dl

third try (still at 200kb) it actually said too small, choose a larger file??
    I repeated it (still at 200kb)
    and finally it looks like tmobile is clamping down on me a bit, three times I got 70-90 results. Definately slower.(BUT the DL speeds were higher, even at 66kbits, i saw a 14.3 d.l time.

Seems that with wm6, the d/l times are faster?

almost 45% to 50% faster... Not sure what this means.
    Lance