Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    It was working fine, but now I can't seem to get it to work. First of all, it doesn't show up in my programs, but I had created a link to it on the start menu and when I choose that, it prompts me to install the Compact Framework .Net. That goes fine. I choose my storage card, and it installs and tells me it needs to restart. I hit ok, and it does restart, but still no On Demand and when I go back to the link in my start menu it prompts me to install the Compact Framework again. The only thing I've done recently is to set up Activesync on my computer, but other than syncing my Outlook Notes and a couple of pictures, I haven't done anything besides that. Any clue as to what the problem may be?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

You didn't install the .NET CF to your card did you?
    It should not matter where you install the .Net Framework, the first time it is accessed it is copied to the correct location in your device's storage memory.

However you do need the correct version installed. The correct version for On Demand comes pre-installed as part of Windows CE.

The fact that it's not there anymore is probably due to an attempted removal, or corruption.

Do you have a memory manager installed as well?

You can try installing .Net v1.0; however a hard reset may be in order.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    You didn't install the .NET CF to your card did you?
    I did, was I not supposed to?

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoodisi View Post
    It should not matter where you install the .Net Framework, the first time it is accessed it is copied to the correct location in your device's storage memory.

However you do need the correct version installed. The correct version for On Demand comes pre-installed as part of Windows CE.

The fact that it's not there anymore is probably due to an attempted removal, or corruption.

Do you have a memory manager installed as well?

You can try installing .Net v1.0; however a hard reset may be in order.
    How could I have removed something that's part of the OS? I'm new to WM, but it seems odd that it's possible to do this, or at least easy...

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    How could I have removed something that's part of the OS? I'm new to WM, but it seems odd that it's possible to do this, or at least easy...
    It's not part of the OS, it is a feature that is included with the original image. With Windows Mobile, like the desktop versions, you can always delete files that are critical to the proper opperation of various programs, services, or even the OS itself.

I asked about memory managers as they could possibly have detected an "unused" or "unnecessary" file, registry setting, or the like and removed it; causing your problem.

Edit:
    I know I sound like I just contradicted myself. .Net is not an OS related item; i.e. it is not critical for the OS to function. .Net v1.0 is similar to Word Mobile in that it is a non-OS feature that comes preinstalled.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Ok, well, I don't have a memory manager, although I downloaded a trial of mem maid yesterday so when I get home I'll install it and see if it can be of any assistance. When On Demand was working initially, it was pretty darn slow, so I'm not sure I would want to do a hard reset just to get it back. I think there are other apps that do something similar and are also free, right? Like Windows Live or some such?

I am having the same problem.

I did a hard reset to fix problems that Pocket Informant created, and when I opened on demand for the first time it went through all the set up. Then said a update was needed and I did it, installing all files through the process to my new 4gig sd card. Now each time I try to open the ondemand it wants to download and install compact .net2.

If I go into the program files on the card I can launch the program,
    How do I change the link?

Thanks Dan
    I installed On Demand but removed it because I didn't find it very useful. RSS and other services provide the information I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by karib View Post
    I installed On Demand but removed it because I didn't find it very useful. RSS and other services provide the information I need.
    what does your comment have to do with mine and the origanal posters question?
    dvdmon said "When On Demand was working initially, it was pretty darn slow, so I'm not sure I would want to do a hard reset just to get it back. I think there are other apps that do something similar and are also free, right? Like Windows Live or some such?"

I added the fact that I also found it slow and other services were available. If this was not satisfactory to you or did not add value for you I apologize. Have a great day.
    For anyone still interested, I fixed the roblem.

Evidently when you start up On demand and tell it to configure to storage card, and put all updates on storage card it does not change the built in link.

I went to the program s folder that was created on the Sd card and found the exe to page one. I then did a copy short cut to the windows folder where the built in link is and renamed it to what I wanted.
    Now that new link shows up in the program folder and opens the program on the SD card.
    Dan