1.    #1  
    I used to have a Nokia before, and on that I could send a text as SMS to other phone or as email to an email address, without any internet or data plan. That email used to go from my xxxxxxxxxx@mmode.com email address. Now, after many months and for first time since I got Treo 750, I needed to send a message to an email address. I do not have any data plan, so cant use outlook as such. Tried to enter email address in the messaging app, but it wont accept the email address as destination address. I am wondering if its possible to send a short text only email without making use of data or needing to wait for syncing outlook email.

Please help if you know.
    Yes you can email a text. I suppose it'll count against your messaging, none the less, it can be done. Same as receive a text from an email as well.
  3.    #3  
    I thought so. But seems like the problem is in my Email center number. Under messaging->menu->options there is a messaging center number and a email center number. In my phone email center number field is empty, i guess thats why I cant receive the messages. Could someone please tell me what email center number could be for old AT&T wireless customers.

Thanks for help guys!!