1.    #1  
    what if there was a sd/usb thumb drive adapter. that would be rockin. it could fit in you sd card slot and then allow you to stick a thumb drive into it. if you or your friend got a file saved on a thumb drive and you wanna open it? just pop it into your treo. anybody ever heard of a device like this before?
    would be handy for backing up too
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkeo View Post
    what if there was a sd/usb thumb drive adapter. that would be rockin. it could fit in you sd card slot and then allow you to stick a thumb drive into it. if you or your friend got a file saved on a thumb drive and you wanna open it? just pop it into your treo. anybody ever heard of a device like this before?
    For Compact Flash they have a CF USB Host card which would work as you say, but I dont think anyone ever shrunk it down to SD size.
    http://www.ratocsystems.com/english/products/CFU1U.html

USB host is not unknown in WM devices, but its also not widely implemented.

Surur
    I was asking around about 20 months regarding the same thing. Never did find a manufacture however. I'd love to get one if they ever become availiable.

Tom
    i use this :
    this copy from amazon.
    it is an sd card that turns into a usb drive

SanDisk 2 GB Ultra II SD Plus USB Card (SDSDPH-2048-901, Retail Package)

SanDisk 2 GB Ultra II SD Plus USB Card (SDSDPH-2048-901, Retail Package) by SanDisk (April 1, 2006)