1.    #1  
    Done it twice now over the past year and what a pain.

Both times, took 3 separate calls to customer service.

Both times, the first 2 support people pretended like they knew what a PRL update was, and then proceeded to barf out some BS about how it works, only to waste my time following their idiotic instructions.

This last time, when my request was finally forwarded correctly, it said it did the update after a call to *2, and it didn't. Then I called *2 again, and it said I needed the update, and it finally took that time.

How freaking hard can this be? How many years does it take for Sprint to figure out how to handle a PRL update?
    It's not hard...if you don't do it over the phone. Login to your account at Sprint's at Sprint's website and go to their "contact us" page and send them an email to flag your phone for the latest PRL update.

That's how I've always done mine and once they write back it always works the 1st time.
    Is there a new PRL up now?
    END OF LINE
  4.    #4  
    I was just trying to get to v29 after the 1.15 update. Man did that make a difference! The v27 was just about unusable after the 1.15 update. Now my phone is back to normal operation.
    I agree I just talked to 3 cc reps and called *2 four times in a row requesting a prl update and I still don't have it. the reps don't know what they're talking about. and everytime I dial *2 it send me to a rep. what a idiotic process.
    I have always called in to *2 and just said "prl update" and get routed to a person that does it for me. Never had to make more than one call. I also did the eCare way the last time - got a response that they could not help me, I needed to call in. When I did the update was waiting on me!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I have always called in to *2 and just said "prl update" and get routed to a person that does it for me. Never had to make more than one call. I also did the eCare way the last time - got a response that they could not help me, I needed to call in. When I did the update was waiting on me!
    You are a lucky man, and you should enter the World Series of Poker. I will stake you!

I have followed those instructions like a robot, and still got the big ole run around.
    believe me - this is the ONLY thing I am lucky on!
    I've always done it through eCare. It might take a little longer since you have to wait for them to reply, but they've always flagged it correctly and told me to call *2 for the update. I would just rather do that than calling in and talking to reps that don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

I'll admit, I was a Sprint Business CSR Rep, and I'll tell you why most reps don't know about a PRL...that's because THEY DON'T TRAIN THEM ON IT. In training, I NEVER learned what a PRL update was or how to do it. I always just transfered them to technical. Then someone out on the call center floor showed me how to do it after asking. So it was just something I picked up after training.
    after calling again one more time yesterday and talking to a csr rep who gave me some bs about my plan and roaming... ( she wasted 5 min of my life I'll never get back) I finally went online and send an email requesting the update. 3am this morning and bamb I got a response email. dialed *2 and now I have it. that easy. how rediculous . but I'm glad I was finally able to get it.
    Huh, never had an issue with PRL updates. I always say the same thing "Hi, I would like to have my account flagged for a PRL update".

Took 2 mins and the update works on the 1st try.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Huh, never had an issue with PRL updates. I always say the same thing "Hi, I would like to have my account flagged for a PRL update".

Took 2 mins and the update works on the 1st try.

Another lucky one! I would say that same exact thing, and bam! The run around.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Why they can't make this an automated process like Verizon's *228 is beyond me. That and the fact that I have to click on a link to view a picture that someone sends to me via MMS are two pet peeves I have with Sprint right now.
    I just spent 28 minutes plus on the phone to get a PRL update and was transfered to 3 different people. When I finally got the the right person, it took about 12 seconds...Geesh...Hope it helps because ever since I did the ROM update my coverage at home has been crappy.
    whats a prl update and how do i know if i need one?