Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Almost Oct and still no update, are we looking at a mid Oct release now?
    It still says "Coming soon" om Palm's web site...
    It's probably going to be an October release.
    October of which year might be the tough one to figure out.
    If WM5 on the Treo 750 would run like butter I wouldn't be complaining about the wait for WM6 upgrade... but I have error en masse!
    After installing the "Audio Fix" I suddenly have all kinds of audio problems... such as: no reminder alarms any more, if I use daily alarms, then I can't switch the alarm off any more, because the respective dialog box is not displayed any more.
    I actually carry my old Treo 650 with my on my weekly travels so I have an alarm clock with me...
    As I said, Palm really is dropping the ball here...
    I am actually thinking of completely dropping the company and going with an HTC... but they are so clunky...
    and iPhones are so limited in functionality...
    Well, lets hope for October... Even Palm can't always be dropping the ball... or can they?
    Do a search on this site for the "leaked ATT ROM". There should be a link to a site somewhere that will let you download it. Easy to install just make sure you read the directions about formatting your SD card correctly. It seems like most of the regular contributors to this site are already using it. You won't believe the difference in stability and it seems quicker too. Not much of an upgrade to functionality but everything seems to work better.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'll gladly post the WM6 Rom if someone can tell me where to upload it to...
    As I've said before, I think AT&T has fallen into the rabbit hole - looking for Alice. Problem is - Alice lives over at Palm.

Choose from any one of the released or leaked ROMs, you won't be sorry. AT&T and Palm are fairly sorry enough for all of us.
    Rogers (in Canada) just released Treo750 with WM6.
    I wish they would hurry up with the RWE/ROW ROM so I can ship my treo back to Palm for repair.
    Treo 650 -> Nokia N91 (why?) -> Treo 750 unbranded

Finally on HSDPA - Theanks 3
    I read a post on the Cingular/AT&T website forum the official WM6 for the 750 is "supposed" to be released October 12. Since this is a ROM update I assume I will lose data such as SMS, call log, speed dials, etc. Can anyone suggest a back-up that works well for these items - either to export them to my PC or memory card? I've read about Sprite and PIM Backup, but from what I have read, the PIM Backup does not work for SMS on the 750. Many thanks!
    Last edited by chellebelle; 10/03/2007 at 12:05 PM.
    It will not be in October.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    It will not be in October.
    I think we've ruled out September as well.

What gives, insidr?

-Craig
    Yes, please tell us. I thought Good update was released but maybe not compatible with WM6 yet? The post on Cingular/AT&T I read was from a conversation with an AT&T rep - but not always reliable info. Also, anyone have an answer to my back-up question? I thought others interested in the WM6 upgrade would want this info too.
    Sometime between Oct 31 and Nov 15 is my best guess. And yes, that's 2007.
    *faints* Any news for the RWE/ROW version?
    Multiple AT&T reps at multiple stores and at corporate have told me it will be released in October. Who kows if they are right though.
    Damn that GMM 5.0! Damn it to hell!

Which is gonna be?

9/4/07

Not later than October 4.

9/15/07

It's only a couple of weeks, and someone can erase this thread

9/22/07

but ATT will release it shortly after the deployment of GMM5
    We shipped on the 28th, is between the 31st and the 15th "shortly"?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Which is gonna be?

Considering even you (a salesperson within Good) could not say for certain when GMM would ship--even up until the eve that it did, don't you think it would be hard for AT&T to know for certain when it would happen and then be able to plan to release within a couple of days?

I am betting they had some confidence in your 9/28 target but had to build some fluff in case you missed it then allow for corporate IT deployment. If they ship WM6 within 2 weeks I would say that is pretty quick.

GG, once again, it goes without saying that our opinion's differ on the GMM's impact on this but we can do no more than speculate at this point--and probably never will know what really drove what but as of today we don't know.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Which is gonna be?

9/4/07

9/15/07

9/22/07

I don't work for either Palm or ATT. I just report the latest info. The OS is done. Must be the compatibility with the GMM release that's causing them to have to change things. (Just kidding GG).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast